custom fab. lower ic tube?

tondog

im trying to get better flow out of my lower ic tube. i went to the guy who did my exhaust and he said he could custom fabricate one for me but it wouldnt be cheap. is there a cheaper alternative to using the stock ic tube?

The tubing and bends are not whats driving the cost up so high, its those funky mounting flanges the factory uses at the IC and the manifold plenum. You have to get that machined and that is what costs the most by far.
Ford could'nt use what every other manufacturer in the world uses on IC tubing..noooo....they had to be different and come up with those big clunky cast jobbies with the morphadite flanges.:rolleyes:

Cut the flanges off, get some 2.75" tubing with bends, cut them to fit and use nitrile or silicone connectors. Simple, effective, and under $100.

what he said however I think I;d try going with a 2.5 inch tubing..And make sure to wrap it with some header wrap:O)

Well thats sorta what I'm doing but everytime I mention to someone to cut the flanges off you would think I just asked to get busy with there mom or something. LOL!!!:p

Mike you can also have them weld teh tube directly to the stock SC flange. The most restrictive part of teh IC besides teh flanges is where it gets squeezed flat..So even if you still use factory flanges a new wrapped 2.5 inch tube has got to help

Back