regulator

91CaliTBIRD

Bob, i did replace the fuel filter. Do you think i can do this regulator by just taiking of the wipers and the plastic cowl? I should probably just do the fuel pump first. It has 155,000 miles so it probably wont last that much longer. Thanks

Don't change your posts, as I lost ya there,,:)
Change all three if you want, but I'd change the filter first and see if that helps. You did say it was clogged, right? Then obviously there is your problem or at least that will help.
When I replaced my pump, it took all weekend to drop exhaust, heat shield, all the $%!@# bolts and screws that were assembled from the TOP by Ford, gas dripping all over me, ARGHH!! I miss my 68' Dodge GTS as it had the good ol mechanical one ON the engine. It is a job for sure, or at least I found it to be. The regulator would be a lot easier. Take wipers off (Dont loose the plastic keepers), then the 6 cowl screws and 2 hex screws, and move cowl onto windshield. If you disconnect hoses for washer fluid then start labeling these. Trust me! You start pulling vac lines without labels you will be lost..:confused:
Should be able to get to it from there. If mem serves me correctly, I think the regulator is held on by a vac line (Label it) and two small bolts on the bracket going in to the back of drivers head. It is tight back there but I had my plenum off and out of the way along with the wiper motor assembly/tray removed as well.....

Attachments

• picture 7b.jpg
    picture 7b.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 69
Back