ATTN:Tittlie Winks Players-Practice match

R

RonzSC

You know, I have watched, with interest, the happenings at the NORCAL group and I just don't think they are interested in running us. Gosh, we can't wait until the last minute to have a commitment from them as we need to make reservations for lodging and maybe take time off work and stuff.
I know there is alot of time left. but not when your are talking about mobilizing an entire Army of thousands of SC's from the SOCAL chapter up north to Bakersfield.

So what do you say we just have a meet and just go to a banquet hall or park and show our cars?
I was just kidding about playing tittlie winks.

Re: Calling All Tittlie Winks Players!

what is a tittlie wink? anyway, we should give them a deadline and a minimum of at least 4 people to race if not, then jim can come down here and race us closer to home

al

even if it was up in bakersfield, i cant do an all nighter or a stay over cuz of my lady, we still aint married!

Ah a man with old fashion morals....my kind of guy.
In essense what else can we do?
At the very least you and I may have to go up to Sac and hunt those guys down and blow their doors off.
A tittlie wink is a game played with little buttons and you snap them into a cup. The buttons are called either tittles or winks...I can't remember which.

sounds like quarters, where you bounce a quarter on a table and into a cup, and if you dont make it into a cub you gota takea shot, and end up really drunk and makes it harder to make it in the cup :lol:

al

Well, I prefer to play Tittlie Winks with man hole covers! It's more of a challenge and a lot more noisy! :)

I agree....if it's just Jim, then what's the point of driving all the way up there. However, I do know Kurt said he would be there and there is a lot of others that are planning on showing up. They just haven't posted much because they are 'supposedly' working on their rides. :)

TBK...You Texans always do things BIG.
We have agreed to give them some time and see what they come up with. We have to think about moving all our track equipment, slicks, fuel, canopies, tools, etc.
If we are trailering our cars, we need to get that all going. Not to mention get our cars properly "plumbed".
That's going to be a big hit on the Chapter budget.
I'm game for whatever you guys want to do.

They need to let you know

There is three coming down so far myself Wade and David and one other if hes gets it together in time
I know the Nor-Cal gang are not into racing just meeting most of the time
I hope you guy's go forward with the meet I will post on the Northern board and find out what's going on with them

Re: They need to let you know

Hello SoCal,
Like I have mentioned on the NorCal board. I will be there, I'm just not sure if I will race. Might be just for support. I am looking for an SC or another XR7 that I can modify. Aug 24th is over 3 months away. I realize you guys need to make plans. I don't know whats with the NorCal group.
Derek

Tomy friends in the lower half of the state,

I will be at Bakersfield. I plan on running at least once or twice. I can't afford to screw my wife's car up. It is a long walk home (6 hours driving) to Red Bluff. Just to let you know I'm no threat at least right now. The 5spd I just bought is a long way from being ready. I don't figure that is going to happen any time soon. So I don't want to hear how far it is to drive from San Diego. My wife and I used to make that drive to visit family. So lets show up and have some fun and just get to know each other and admire each other's rides.
I think a little ride up the Kern River Canyon to Lake Isabella could be enjoyable especially if there is water in the lake to cool off.

Mark

Sounds good about the River.
I am so happy that this will happen.
I hope it goes well and it becomes something really nice that we do yearly.
The racing thing does not have to be a focal point and for us in the SCCoSC it isn't. We like being together and just talking and hanging out.
I apologize for giving the impression that looks so important. We do love to race and we have some really fast guys, son't get me wrong.
Help us pas the word that we want to have a good time with our kiddies, significant others and between clubs.

Practice Match at 22nd Day at the Drags.

We will have a sub-meet to determine if we have the talent to field a tittlie winks team for the August Bakersfield meet.
Kids, ladies, bench racers, old coots, who ever y ou are are welcomed to be team players.
I will notify the NORCAL guys that we are fielding a squad and to get themselves ready.
My daughters say that they will whip the pants off the NORCAL crew and encourage all that are interested to participate.

Back