Dash upgrade ?

dkmac

I know that this is probably a crazy question. I have a 93 SC that I like very much, but I like the dashe set up and door panels out of the 94/95. Has anyone upgraded there 89-93 dash to a 94/95 dash? If so is there any advice you can give? I know the door panels are not hard to swap out. I have seen other T-birds with the door panel swap. Well please leat me know. God Bless.

" For I am the lamb, May God be my Shepard and guide me with his care."

try a search

dkmac, try a search but if i remember from my friends 95 his a pillar is a little bit smaller than the earlier style sc's, thats what i think not sure, but it should be possible to swap dashes, but i am sure its been asked before, just do a "dashboard" search or something along those lines. good luck

Hi there. You can definitely swap the later dash into the older car without much drama. Bear in mind that the wiring for the gauges may be slightly different. The only real issue I see is that the mounting points for the dash are slightly different. Also, you have to decide whether to keep your wiring or use the wiring from the newer dash. I would think using the newer is easier. Check this TCCOA thread for more info and a couple pictures.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?threadid=28878

And here you will find a pic of the rear of the 94-97 dash:
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?threadid=24712&highlight=dash

edit: Oh, and the newer A-pillar trim is smaller because all the 89-93 (except Canadian) Birds have the automatic seatbelts. I tink the metal underneath the trim is the same, however.

Last edited:
Thank you both for the info. I think that it was very helpful. However I am interested to find out how the XR-7 turns out when he is finished. I thank you both again. God Bless.

wtf Zeek

first of all you just come in to this post commenting on a guys religion. just cause he puts it on there doesnt mean hes trying to put it on you, just showing that he is religious and thats fine. why the hell did you even post on her anyways. dont see why you have to start hating on dkmac.

I don't hate dkmac, I didn't mean anything bad from my comment. I just found it wierd thats all.
I'm sorry dkmac.:D

Attachments

• post-12-1069159467.jpg
    post-12-1069159467.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 383
Now that you say that white90sc pics of the finished product would be great. aplvlydrtybird thanks for sticking up for me. And Apolligy accepted ZeeK. I do this to let those who are Christians know that I am too one my self. And like what aplvlydrtybird said, I am not trying to push it on anyone. God Bless

Hey guys, I'm the one doing the swap in that TCCOA post. I haven't had a chance to get back to work on the car, but as soon as I get the dash installed I'll post some pics of it.

Here are a couple pics of the car:

05260011paint.jpg

show%20eng%20compartment%202.jpg

underside.jpg

020923140043.jpg

It's in the middle of a 4.6L DOHC swap as well.

-Rod

racecougar That sounds great. I can not wait to see the pics of the finished product. God bless.

Update:

I had some time to work on the car tonight. I cut the top of the firewall out of the 97, removed the brackets from the top of the firewall in the 90, and fit the 97 piece to the 90 firewall. I used a cut off wheel and a sawzall to remove the piece from the 97 (didn't care too much about that windshield). I used a spot weld cutter drill bit to cut the spot welds holding the brackets onto the 90's firewall (the car is painted and has a new windsheild in it, so I really didn't want to damage anything). The spot welds need to be ground down before the 97 piece is attached. I'll likely use a dremel or something small to take care of those.

I need to do a little more fitting, then I'll attach it (hopefully tomorrow). I'm planning on laying down a decent layer of silicone between the two (to cut down on squeaks/rattles) and shooting a ton of short sheetmetal screws through them.

Here's a pic of the progress:

dash%20progress.jpg

She's coming along.

showcar%20in%20shop.jpg

-Rod

Hey, while you are in there can you find out how hard it will be to change out the auto seat belts with the standard 94 & up style. Thanx. God bless :D

It will be a little while before I get to those, but that is on the agenda. I'm kind of sidetracked at the moment, I'm working on all of the wiring for the engine bay/front end. I should be back to work on the dash by next weekend.

-Rod

Back