Raised blower top install

MadMike1331

Im in the process of installing the blower top and ive come across a few obstacles nothing i coulndt figure out but id rather save time and frustation by asking. The thing that i cant see is how everything will mount with the blower top being higher. The IC tubing to the IC will have to move higher up so I think the IC will have to move up so ill have to uninstall that. Anyways i guess im just asking how its done.
-Mike

How large is the raised top?If it's 3/4" just loosen and remove the support bolt under the upper IC tube and the IC tube will rotate slightly but will still connect to the IC with no problem.
z

Yeah, don't worry about reinstalling the upper IC tube on that stud. Be sure to seal everything up well with Copper RTV or Wynn's gaskets.

Thomas

You may find it easier to line everything up if you just cut off the whole bolt bracket from the upper tube, that way it won't bump against the alternator bracket. It's very soft metal, you can get through it with a hack saw in about two minutes.

Just remove the stud. Don't need to cut anything.

If you want to keep some support on the upper tube you can cut a slot through the bottom of the hole then reinstall the nut. A cut-off wheel works great for that.

Rich

Back