Throttle Body Question

wazmunstr

i own a 3.8 N/A and i am looking for a new throttle body. will an aftermarket throttle body made for an SC work on the N/A ? i want some more horses, and id like to put in an 80mm TB... thanx!

not sure if the intake set up is the same as an sc plenum, i might lean towards no, but try searching for v6 mustang performance parts, same engine.

The SC throttle body is a modified version of the 5.0 throttle body (the only thing changed is the bracket for the throttle cable). You need to check for either an 89-97 T-Bird TB or a 94-98 Mustang one.

In a mostly stock naturally aspirated application, I do not believe a significantly larger throttle body would have any positive performance impact. Actually, I don't even think it would help a stock SC past a certain point.

The TCCOA would likely be able to recommend a more productive mod for an equivalent price & effort level.

He said on a naturally aspirated car.... but he's right in a stock car it wont give a whole lot of power. I was going to suggest a MAFS too til I realized yours is a 90 and doesnt have one... check out these site for performance stuff aimed mainly for N/A cars.

www.moranav6racing.com
www.supersixmotorsports.com
and www.supercoupeperformance.com offers alot of stuff that will work for your car too..

Tried to find a site for 3.8 TB's... forgot where they were..

Back