Brake issues and more

SCBiscuit

WELL hmm i just bought the 89 sc. the previous owner said that brake fluid would leak onto the cats causing lost of smoke and lots of fill ups to the resvior(you stop at gas stations for gas not brake fluid). Anyways.. i figured it was just a loose hose. MAYBE not,I put some fluid in the tank after i believe the previous owner let it run bone dry. well the pedal went from umm dead limp to rock hard. but the abs light went out. i noticed the VMM and power mirrors, the AC console, and all the little LED lights on the fog lamp switch and ac switch werent working .. the ac will not come on i can only hear the flaps that direct the air move and adjust but no AC. i got on the forum and started reading about the massive brake problems this car. WOW but im supecting the pressure sensor to be the source of the leak but it got a lil worse when it appears that maybe the electronic to the brakes arent working. how do i remove the pressure sensor. ITS ALOT OF STUFF UP UNDER THAT HOOD. my last car was an RX-7 with plenty of room to work but now i have this XR7 relative with no space..

step 1 how do i get the pressure sensor or whole assembly off the vehicle so i can work on it. 2 what da deal with the electrics?? please help me out im sure the electrical problems were triggered by the leak or refill..P.s. cigarette lighter ,gauges, and all interior lights work..

please IM me at biscuit112 or yahoo chat: lovablebadazz or email me or smoke signal me (burnouts) whatever ..thanks ladies and gents

OH I FORGOT

my turn signals arent working either..but the hazards do. i think i checked all the fuses under the dash and the hood they SEEM to be good. i dont know how i got my hands on another electrical gremlined car.

i think it's your ignition switch... i had a similar problem and you'll find the ignition controls everything

funny you should say that

well when i went to start my car after getting the battery charged(cuz it went dead)maybe due to not being run in a year] i accidently just BARELY taped the ignition and the car turned off i was able to bump it back and the car would resume running. so sounds like i have possibly three problems.. hmm how much for new ignition is there a fix? do i need new cores and crap?

When you say cores, I believe you are refering to a part of the ignition system. I don't believe BARTHWY59 was refering to this, I think he meant the key operated ignition switch in your steering column. This switch has been known to go bad not only on these cars but on many makes & models, and can cause a whole range of problems.

COOL ..yeah the headlights arent even working only the birghts are. im going to the parts store to get that switch

thanks guys im going to fix that then get back on the brakes problem. you guys are hot schtuff lets see if it works.. i think i remember reading up on that.

YOU GUYS KICK ***

yes that was one of the problems but i got a new ONE how do you take the old one off.. ford put special torx heads to hold it on i cant get it off.....

the SC gods are smilin ..WEEEEEEEEE

YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST... i know the leak was coming from that motor.. after a few ok ok.....after many hours i finally got the pump off and it looks that the ONLY place the thing could be leaking from is the pressure sensor....after i fixed the ignition the abs pump would come on AND WOULDNT SHUT OFF.. i figure the loss of pressure may have something to do with this... thanks guys im waiting to the parts store to open so i can take the pump apart..(the sensor).... Peeaaace

Back