auto seatbelts

SDbird

i pulled the fuse for the auto seatbelts & now there is a warning chime all the time. is there anyway of shutting the bell off w/ no problems? thanks

The motor is located in the bottom of the panel located just behind the door. It is covered in plastic, but there is a small access panel through which you may be able to disconnect it.

There are also sensor switches in the beginning of the tracks, where they end at the windshield. These are used to tell the mechanism the belt has reached the end of its travel. I don't know if they can help you in your goal, however.

Personally, I have always liked the automatic belts. Most people do not.

They do tend to make a lot of noise when not greased, but I have not found an effective method for greasing them with a thick lubricant.

To shut that chime up you have to disconnect the control module. Its located in the trunk on the left hand side behind the plastic/carpet panel. Its a grey box about 5-6" square and has 2 plugs coming out of it..

I don't mind the seatbelts if they work.... so far I havent had that situation, the passenger side has never worked right (it moved once or twice so far..) and the drivers side one will quit and then work again then quit etc etc. So I have disconnected mine (because sitting there for 15 mins turning the little thumb wheel is annoying) and will be looking for some 94-95 or 89-93 canadian parts in order to put normal seatbelts in it.

Back