My odometer stopped today

FlyingLow90

i just replaced my transmission due to it overheating. i noticed before the trans went out my vss was acting funny and sticking. i dont know if that has anything to do with it but my odometer just stopped working. i want to sell the car but it will make it a lot harder with no odometer.

someone just throw some ideas out please. i really have to get rid of this car before winter because i need a four wheel drive.

does ur speedo work ? or is ur speedo and odometer not workin ?

if both arent working then ur speedo sensor is screwed its on the side of the tranny i dont have a picture on hand but its a sensor that bolts on and it has a gear on the end of it which goes in the tranny .... instead of having a speedo cable they put a sensor in

so replace that justt ask for a speedo sensor for w/e year sc u have and tell when what type of tranny im not sure if autos and 5spds are different.

if ur odometer is the onyl thign not working then as far as i know ur guage cluster is ****ed
or the speedo part is

if it's just the odometer then you need to replace the speedometer assembly.

if it's the speedo and the odometer, then your new transmission may be missing the speedo gear, or the speedo gear sensor did not get plugged in.

the speedo works. and it just happened the day the old trans went out. i have put 10 (about) miles on the car since the new trans and it still doesnt work so it is definatly the guage cluster.

yep it sounds like the speedo gauge mine also stopped working and had to be replaced i picked mine up at a local junkyard for around $10.....i was also able to set the odometer to the proper mileage........ easy replacement
:cool:

I would like to know what junkyard you went to because here in NYC, the yards here would make you buy the whole cluster gauge unit, which costs 50 to 75 dollars.

i live in south texas i'm about 5-10 minutes from mexico down here junkyards are a dime a dozen all i did was ask where the t-birds were lined up and what row and they sent me on my way with one of there yard "mechanics", i picked my part and i was on my way......stuff is really cheap down here

Back