PLEASE READ: Open Post to All

gldiii

SCCoA Lifetime Member
The rules that have been developed and put into place in the Member Forums are now in place on all the boards. Take some time to read them in the "Rules" announcement in any forum. All the moderators and admins had a chance to review and comment on these rules before they went into effect. We will all now begin enforcement of these rules.

I suspect 99% of our posters will not even be effected by the rules. We actually have a pretty good group with a small percentage of people who are just looking to stir up things for no apparent reason!

I have noticed an upturn in the number of mean spirited posts on the general and regional boards. Not really sure why, but it is not a culture that we want to promote here at the SCCoA. Everyone who comes to these boards whether a paying member or a guest is entitled to the same courtesy. No one is "freeloading" since the SCCoA has decided to continue public boards to people who choose not to join for whatever reason. I hope in the future that we can provide a positive atmosphere where people want to join and see value in being a member of the club. Right now, about all membership buys you is a chance to weigh in on the future of the club once we start those discussions in 2004. I can understand if people are not inclined to join at this time. But I would watch closely and join when the discussion starts, so you may be a part of it, if you care about that sort of thing.

I hope everyone can just chill out and enjoy the company of other SC owners. I realize there will never be a Utopian society where every last person gets along all the time but we do expect everyone to be civil during their time here at the SCCoA.

Back