DEAD ABS MOTOR....kinda

SCBiscuit

WEll the abs pump seems to have a small leak at the return for the resivoir from the tank (go figure i never suspected low pressure ..must be a hairline fracture) . im just going to hunt down a junkyard beauty for that part . if anyone knows sumthin let me know.. as of right now the accumlator, motor, and pressure sensor ARE going to be replaced. im going to get the relay replacement a try (cuz it wont stop running) .. but i dont think its going to solve the leak. thanks for your help ladies and gents...BRainFaRt ..do you think that the relay not turning the pump off is creating enough pressure to make the leak?

One thing for sure, if the pump continues to run "non-stop", it will not last very long. The pumps are subject to fail if they overheat from over-cycling. Shop out the junkyards for prices, but before you spend a nickle on salvage check with the folks at Prior Remanufacturing about a rebuilt unit. It should be less than $500.00 and it has a new accumulator installed and a 36=month warranty (Ford doesn't even do that).
www.priorreman.com

('89 thru '92 have the Teves Mark II ABS)

Back