PDA

View Full Version : 5 Spd Manual Trans

pepito6SC
05-02-2002, 04:51 PM
Hello all. I am currently rebuilding my 1992 SC 5 Sp. I had it for about 6 months and then it blew a head gaskets. So I pulled the engine in late febuary got it rebuilt at a local shop w/felpro gaskets new studs, ect. nothing major. I have the engine on my patio and i am putting everything else back together little by little. Anywho...I was thinking of rebuilding my tranny cause i have no idea what kinda shape it's in. can anyone recommend a local shop??I live in Lynwood next to South Gate and Downey. I am not that far from the south bay area either. please let me know if someone can help.. thx... here is a list of the stuff i have bought for the car.

Kooks coated headers
2.5 inch down tubes with hi-flow cats
Magnaflow resonator
Still working on the Cat-Back system
New clutch/pressure plate, pilot bearing,
throwout (release) bearing
magnecor wires
New Motorcraft Double platinum plugs
SCP intake system w/conical filter
75 MM MAF
New CAM, Crank, Knock, oxygen sensors
Griffin radiator
180 degree thermostat
38 lb injectors
190 lph fuel pump
New water, oil pump
polishing anything that is aluminum....he he

I hope to have this car put together in another month. hopefully all goes well. Anyone wanna help?? J/K
Thanks in advance for any help.

RonzSC
05-02-2002, 05:05 PM
Stu's Transmission in Long Beach used to do all my work on my Chevy Hi-po trannies. He was by far the best in that area. I don't how he is now since I'm into Ford's and in Ventura county.

al35thsc
05-02-2002, 05:06 PM
damn br0, looks like ur ride is gonna be sweet. if u get it together soon join us for one fo the meets.

al

i had mine rebuilt at a shop here in east los angeles, but i am sure you have dozens of shops around your area that are just as good!

TBKHomeworld
05-02-2002, 05:54 PM
While your at it get a new slave cylinder. Also take a close look at your clutch line....if it's old you'll want to replace it as well.

35th SC
05-02-2002, 06:15 PM
I would also recommend Stu's in Long Beach. They built the trans in my 35th a few months ago and it works great!

Mike

pepito6SC
05-02-2002, 06:20 PM
What is the average price to get the tranny rebuilt? I don't want to get screwed..thx

al35thsc
05-02-2002, 06:21 PM
i paid 750 and it was a straight rebuild on an aod. i figure the manuals must not be that much more considering a rebuild on a manual would seem easier.

al