Mod Help anyone ?

B

blkSC

Anyone have any ideas for 'bang for the buck' mods i can do to get my sc into mid to high 13's ? I figured on exhaust work to put me on safe ground and then...

10% OD
70M TB
73M MAF
Shift kit
*im thinking gears, but this is my daily driver and dont wanna go too strip crazy* Any suggestions are welcomed

Well, the gears won't be that bad of a change. You can put something like 3.55s in. (I believe that's the ratio).

It's a step up, will give you a lot harder pull in first, but won't kill the RPM level at 70mph.

You have a wide ratio trans (same one I have in my LX) so you can go all the way to 3.73 and still cruise in OD. The best bet is to buy a motorsport (FFRP) pumpkin with the 3.73 gears installed. Not only is it a Trac-Lok but it's alunimum!!! Go to the dealer and ask for a new cobra mustang pumpkin.

At least that is what i'm doing... (cost about $600)

OKY

i will ask my friend for a price on that item. I just got a 96 deep sump trans pan for 20 bucks from him

Re: OKY

13's are hard on these suckers carlos, real hard, bolt ons will get u only mid or low 14's unles su tune it reall well

al

Gees!

well in that case 14's it is. Well until i feel like dedicating myself to going inside the engine. Thats why i want to find a spare engine to build in the mean time...

Re: Gees!

thats always agood idea to keep ur car a daily driver and work on the engine that will smoke jim demmits

al

Exactly :)

Yea, im gonna feel like a sucker if dont find a way to get this engine. not everyday one comes a cross a running SC engine that was just rebuilt and has head work :-( anyway.. hey AL when is everyone meeting at the Queen mary ?

Re: Exactly :)

read the thread dood, i think its the 18th. if this sc is in decent shape maybe we can all have a piece of it!

al

89 Carcuss

Ya thats what i was hoping that everyone would be able to get some parts from it. I was even thinking of taking the 5spd setting up and doing a swap, but after talking with ford engineer bout the 4r70w, im gonna stick with it.

Re: 89 Carcuss

blkSC,

First, what color?

1) Get the rear gears for your car. You'll LOVE them.
2) Ask him what condition the tranny is in. If it's good then I might buy it.
3) Ask him if he still has the wiring harnass for the tranny. If so I will CERTAINLY buy that.
4) Ask him if he will sell the clutch pedal assembly/mastercylinder.
5) Power antenna?
6) What condition is the front clip (bumper) in?
7) Drive shaft?
8) Will he let you cut the clutch position switch wiring harnass off?

On all of the above stuff can you get condition and prices?

If the prices are right i'll drive up there, meet you, and we'll go over and strip the crap outta the car. :) I can bring all of my tools so he wouldn't have to provide anything except a level surface to work on.

Thanks in advance.

See now we talking

The car is complete and in running order! the trans has a problem with jumping out of reverse when gas is applied. All of the wiring and everything else is still intact. I will have alot more details plus PICTURES

See now we talking

The car is complete and in running order! the trans has a problem with jumping out of reverse when gas is applied. All of the wiring and everything else is still intact. I will have alot more details plus PICTURES when i meet him today at four.

Re: See now we talking

what, are we gonna make a stripp the sc meet for this one, i would definitely want the manifolds, and the abs stuff

al

but once im there i might take some more!

Sounds good. Let me know how much he wants for that crap. Now I'm all excited thinking I might actually get some more stuff i need. :)

Let me see now...the car runs and has a fairly solid motor and they want 1500?
Why part it out?

sc's are hard to sell in southern cali, 1500 is a decent price but who among us wants to spend that much on the car? when we can just get parts off it and put it into ours? plus i think blksc said the guys brother died and they just want to get rid of it.

al

the plot thickens

OH fellas he said he would be willing to part it out because it didnt pass smog, and it thought no one would want to buy it.

Back