Anyone own the SCP Intercooler Fan?

SC90_Pete

Sometime over christmas break I will be replacing my power steering pump and plan to tackle several projects while pulling the engine apart to do this. Along with adding an oil pressure gauge, A/F ratio gauge, changing plugs and wires I was thinking about adding the Intercooler fan from supercoupe performance since we have to take the IC out. Does anyone have any experience with this product, pro's / con's? Also, I've been looking for Ford Racing wires, and have had trouble finding them. Anyone know any websites that sell the ford racing wires for a decent price? Thanks in advance.

I got one. It works great. The IC is always luke warm. I've heard from others about gains of .5sec in 1/4 mi.

Fan & Wireing Kit

mn12performance has a Great IC Fan wireing kit that comes with an 8" 440 cfm fan. The wireing kit has EVERYTHING you need to hook up the fan.

I bought the kit, just for the wireing. Then I bought a 900 cfm 10" fan ($60) from PAW.

The big fan really chills my DIC!!!!

68COUGAR

Re: Fan & Wireing Kit

68COUGAR said:
mn12performance has a Great IC Fan wireing kit that comes with an 8" 440 cfm fan. The wireing kit has EVERYTHING you need to hook up the fan.

I bought the kit, just for the wireing. Then I bought a 900 cfm 10" fan ($60) from PAW.

68COUGAR

You spent $100 to get a wiring harness that you could have bought for $30 ?:confused:

Anyway, here is an article that should answer most of your questions.Intercooler Report

Re: $30 Wireing Kit

tbirdsc357 said:
get a wiring harness that you could have bought for $30
Where can you buy a custom fit IC fan wireing kit for $30?

68COUGAR

Last edited:
No where off the top of my head .........but any place that has electrical supplies can get you whatever you need. I know a few boys on the SCCoO that bought what they needed at the local store and wired it up themselves.

Yes, for DIY

tbirdsc357 said:
No where off the top of my head .........but any place that has electrical supplies can get you whatever you need.
Yes that's true, but nobody I talked to would fess up the information on where to tap into the switched 12 volts to operate the relay! The wireing kit came with instructions on where to pick up the control voltage.

Just to test out the IC Fan, I temporarily wired the IC fan to the fog light connector. Actually bought a pr. of broke fog lights, just to get the correct connectors. It works, but only if the headlights are on DIM, as the foglights are wired to go out when the Hi Beams are on.

68COUGAR

Re: Yes, for DIY

68COUGAR said:
Yes that's true, but nobody I talked to would fess up the information on where to tap into the switched 12 volts to operate the relay!

68COUGAR

That's too bad......you should have posted on the Ontario board, you would have saved some cash :)

Last edited:
Back