The coolest boost gauge ever!

J57ltr

I recently met with some sales guys from a company called Keyence. They make photoeye’s and barcode readers, laser sensors and stuff like that. There was a gauge in their toy box that caught my eye. It’s a gauge that can measure down to .01psi it will also measure vacuum. It has adjustable set-points and has the ability to turn on relays and such. The display will change from green to red or red to green when the output is active. It can also operate as a window switch.

Attachments

• keyence.gif
    keyence.gif
    76 KB · Views: 392
Never mind that, how bad was the earthquake?!

;)
Boost, vacuum and even does windows. That does sound pretty neat. :D

I guess I was pretty exicited when I took the pic.:D

Just imagine you hit 5psi and the windows go up, drop below 5psi the windows go down.

Jeff

That could be fun at Sonic with both hands on the wheel, pull some Christine job on the car hop. :D
Not so fun in the rain when those windows go down. LOL!

Or wire it to tighten the seat bolsters and seatbelt. You could really scare some passengers with that lol.

I guess thats also another way to activate a propane/water/nitrous injection system.

JAFO said:
Never mind that, how bad was the earthquake?!

That's funny, you're killing me JAFO!:D

That sure is a BIG guage! I guess it would be easy to see.

Wait a minute, that's probably not actual size right?:D

P.S. Is it coincidence or did someone tell you what my best reaction time is at the tree?:mad:

Last edited:
It's actually only an inch square.

As soon as I can find a use for it I am going to buy one.

Jeff

If I keep my car long enough some day my son will be driving it.
I could use that guage to activate a relay once it reachs a certain amount of boost that would turn on a recording of my voice.
I'd like to see the look on his face the first time he heard,
"SLOW DOWN YOU IDIOT"
:D

TBirdDriver said:
If I keep my car long enough some day my son will be driving it.
I could use that guage to activate a relay once it reachs a certain amount of boost that would turn on a recording of my voice.
I'd like to see the look on his face the first time he heard,
"SLOW DOWN YOU IDIOT"
:D

Doesn't that fall under the cruel and unusual punishment? The keeping the car until your son can drive, that is.

Jeff

Back