PDA

View Full Version : Comp Cam Specs....can this be made a STICKY??

fastsc92
12-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Ok guys i just got off the phone with Matt at Comp. Cams. He had my spare cam from a 90? SC auto profiled for their computer data-base. Here is what he found out:

Intake lift: .423"......185 durration @.050
Exhaust lift: .448".....202 durration @ .050

These are just a few specs that he gave me over the phone. The detailed info if coming with my cam. He was very very surprised that the lift and durration of the stock cam which is very small. He was able to talk to Coy Miller's sales rep and grind it to his specs....so i'm jumping up to a .493 lift 210/220 durration @.050. He said this would really help my torque, and make a good idle. I'm very happy with the info he was able to give me, so if anyone wants a regrind, ask for Matt Maxwell at comp cams. I cant say enough good things about him. He asked me if i could get some sound clips and maybe some dyno numbers after its installed, which i will. Once i get the rest of the stock specs i think it would be good to make it a sticky, or put it in the faq section on the SCCOA. What do you guys think?

MrNiftie
12-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Got your dyno #'s yet?

MIKE 38sc
12-17-2003, 01:23 PM
You can TunAfish but you cant race a dyno. LOL!!!!
Have your springs showed up yet?:)

fastsc92
12-17-2003, 05:53 PM
not yet....but they should be here soon. I also made my raised top which i will show in another post. Its all getting there. I was able to get a degree wheel and other tools in order to degree the cam. ANd i have a head question which i will also post on another thread.