Anyone blown a headgasket?

S

SCrandy

I think my headgasket is blown. If any of you guys have also, where did you guys get yours replaced? thanks

I believe Mercury65 has blown his. He is replacing it himself. Where do you live? Someone may be able to recommend a local place.

What are the symptoms?

How many miles

if your car is under a 100K miles you take it to ford and they will replace.

Re: How many miles

I agree with the Beer Baron....what are the symptoms?

I'm in Yorba Linda Orange County. I was driving up a hill and accelerated up the hill. At the next light there is some smoke coming from under the hood. I pull over a little bit later and when I open the hood there's smoke all over the place with coolant all over my engine bay. Any ideas? thanks

Doesnt sound like an HG. Sounds more like a coolant line. Check all of your lines and clamps. A blown HG will make the car run really rough, pour white smoke out the exhaust and your heater wont work. At least thats what my NA V6 Bird did. I believe ford will only do it if its 7yrs old or newer.

When you refilled the radiator did you notice any leaks in the upper or lower hoses?
Find the water pump and locate the hole near the bottom of the pump and see if there is evidence of overflowing coolant. (either past or present).

just curious

do you ahve a 35th as well??? cuz if so i think my girlfriedn has seen you on the 57 on her way to school, she goes to csu fullerton. anyway, that deosnt sound like a blown hg. refill with some regular water and find the leak...it its a very small leak and u cant see it take it to like a pep boys and they will put a die in it and shine a uv light to find it, if its a very big leak, you will find it urself easy! be carefull when u refill with water only to not drive it ir let it heat up too much because you will boil over and definitely blow ur hg's!!! ive done it twice, it's not a fun thing to have happen

al

Actually I go to school right across from CSUF which is a high school. Mine's a white 93

Back