injector question

aplvlydrtybird

hey the folks are goona get me new injectors for x-mas and i was wondering where i could get em. will my local ford shope sell em, i either want 38 lb or 42 lb, you can check my member page to see the mods, but let me know what you all think. thanks

Buy the 42# FMS injectors (Lightning application).

They work at stock fuel pressure, so no FPR is required.

I've had great success with mine, and you pretty much never need to upgrade this way.

Good luck!

ok cool, but what about my mafs, will it work ok until i get a new one??? also how much are they going to run by chance??? one more question...i got an afpr, what should i set it at, with these injectors??? thanks alot Bill

Keith,

I don't see any aftermarket MAF listed in your mods list. You will need a different MAF to support the injector upgrade, so I suggest you be prepared to purchase both at the same time, and start investigating your MAF options. Try using the SCCoA search feature to locate information on them, as that topic has certainly been discussed to death.

If you have an AFPR, I would start off my keeping the pressure at stock readings, and they play with upping the pressure once you get the car running correctly. As for me, I still use 39.5 psi in my 42# injectors. Works like a charm, and easy to tune with.

Good luck!

Bill,
yeah i dont have a mafs,i was just saying i was going to get one and if i could hold off until i got some more money. otherwise i can ask for that as well as a x-mas gift haha. well i guess my best bet is just to go to scp right? i usually get my stuff there, although it seems a lil more expensive on somethings, what do you run for mafs, if it works for you then i might just go with that. thanks

well i guess my best bet is just to go to scp right? i usually get my stuff there, although it seems a lil more expensive on somethings, what do you run for mafs, if it works for you then i might just go with that

Keith,

Good questions. SCP is a good source, but won't always be best on price. When it comes to MAFs, I would just buy from SCP for the convenience of dealing with a reliable source, especially considering they aren't expensive to begin with.

I have a 90mm MAF from a Lightning application, but I wouldn't recommend it, as it isn't cost effective for someone who doesn't need one that large. I would buy a 76mm C&L or 75mm Pro-M unit instead. Mine certainly works for me, but it was a big hassle and a huge cash outlay for all the components to make it work, and the gain would not justify the extra cost, as I now know.

cool

well thanks alot Bill,
do you know where to go to get the cheapest one, i am on a budget, i am 19 and in college haha, but i dont have to pay for housing, but still, thanks for all the the help, this is why i post here...guys like you!

Thanks, Keith.

Being on a budget and trying to modify a car that requires some expensive parts to make small progress is a tough scenario. The cheapest one will be the 76mm C&L, which you can likely find as low as $140, although I'm not exactly sure having not been in the market for a long time. Try looking on Ebay, or through other channels within the club. Keep an eye on the classifieds section if you want to grab a deal on a used one, which seems to come up often. I MAF isn't a wear part, so buying a used one makes no difference.

Good luck with your studies!

PS: You certainly are on a budget! LMAO.

(cut from his mods list)

-Block bored .030" over by Murgic Automotive
-Block decked & honed by Murgic Automotive
-Recond. connecting rods by Murgic Automotive
-Crank remachined by Crankshaft Supply
-75 mm Hypereutectic Pistons
-Coy Miller Stage II cam
-FMS Blue 1.73 Roller Rockers Non Adj.
-Coy Miller guide plates
-ARP Rocker studs
-ARP Rod Bolts
-ARP Head Studs
-Rebuilt Oil Pump
-SCP 255 LPH Fuel pump
-Billet Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Accel Fuel Pressure Guage under hood
-Self Ported Heads
-Trick-Flow one piece Chrome-Moly pushrods
-Ford Motorsport Platinum Plugs
-Blue Taylor 8mm plug wires
-All Fel-Pro Gaskets
-SCP 10% OD Pulley
-SCP ASP Underdrive Pulleys
-SCP R. Shaw 180 Deg. Thermo.
-BBK 75mm Throttle Body
-MAC CAI
-Self Ported Plenums...somewhat
-Custom Exhaust (no cats) Y-pipe to Magnaflow Mufflers by Reed Styve
-Ported exhaust manifolds
-A/C cut out
-MN12 Performance Solid Engine Mounts

Last edited:
COOL, thanks for ur help

yeah thats the reason i am on a budget now, that was all my money from this summer! i am done 4 quite a while

Last edited:
You can sometimes find 42lb Lightning injectors quite cheaply in the corral.net classifieds. I'm not sure why, maybe the Mustang guys buy them and then realize they are too big, or maybe they're Lightning takeoffs. I got mine (8, so I have two spare) for $240, brand new, unused.

Rob is absolutely right. Buying them from Ford will be your most expensive source, in most cases. People seem to be picking them up cheap these days, from several sources.

Good call, Rob.

Back