Color matched door handles

007_SuperCoupe

I have found it before, but can't remember the site. I've got it at home, but want to check it out here at work. Anybody have a site for the color matched replacement door handles? Thanks!

Sorry, should have been more specific...

Where can I buy them? I've seen them on a couple different sites for sale, but can't find them. And Murphy's Law is working well for me. I get home yesterday and my computer crashes! So now I'm stuck looking from work right now. Many sites are blocked! SUCKS!

Why not just paint them? I know several people that have and they turned out great. Buddy of mine built a 85 GT and painted it BMW red and all the trim that was black he painted a dark grey and it looks great! He,s had no problems with the painted plastic.

It has been awhile...ooo like two years maybe, but I think you may be be referring to "SCPERFORMANCE". No not supercoupeperformance! I remember that they had the color matched 96-97 door handles for like 100 bucks for the pair plus the ign. lock. and much more.... I had them saved along with my other hundreds of SC sites saved on my favorites list.

Not sure.... maybe someone could clarify this, but a gentleman who worked for them is the person who started Bluetongue Motorsports(?)

?????? not sure if this may be what you are thinkin'?

Jeff B.

Re: Sorry, should have been more specific...

007_SuperCoupe said:
Where can I buy them? I've seen them on a couple different sites for sale, but can't find them. And Murphy's Law is working well for me. I get home yesterday and my computer crashes! So now I'm stuck looking from work right now. Many sites are blocked! SUCKS!

You can buy them from a Ford dealer. Specify 96' / 97' door handles. You also need the lock cylinders too. Get the lock kit that has the door locks and the igntion lock too that way you will have the same key for all. I did the swap in my car and it was a direct bolt on. Very easy. Hardest part is drilling out the old rivets and then I recommend a body shop to put the new rivets in for you.

I know you can get it all from the dealership. But I don't think in my SC's color. This was a site that offered the handles and ignition lock for around $110 color matched to any original paint from '89 to '97. Does the dealership offer kits like that?

And Mike 38SC, missed you post the first time around...I want to change the locks on my SC as when I purchsed it, it came with only 1 key. And it was a local car. So I'd like to change the locks. The new door handles will do that.

007_SuperCoupe said:
I know you can get it all from the dealership. But I don't think in my SC's color. This was a site that offered the handles and ignition lock for around $110 color matched to any original paint from '89 to '97. Does the dealership offer kits like that?

And Mike 38SC, missed you post the first time around...I want to change the locks on my SC as when I purchsed it, it came with only 1 key. And it was a local car. So I'd like to change the locks. The new door handles will do that.

I do remember SCP selling that kit, but I don't think they were color matched to any year mn12. My SC is Crimson red and the handles only came in Laser red from 96-97. I had a body shop paint them for me for $20 a handle. I bought everything from Five Star Ford AZ and I think I paid around $37 per handle and about $30 or $40 for the lock kit.

Back