air intake

ENCDEI97

I have read somewhere that there is a ford focus cold air intake that can be used on the sc Which one exactly is it?
Thanks in advance.

It's the SOHC intake. It's not a perfect fit, but it will work. Also, it's not any type of CAI, but rather an inlet tube to replace the stock one. It comes with a 90* elbow that is not needed. I've heard that if you talk to whoever you purchase it from and tell them it is for a SC and ask for 2 straight rubber hoses, they'll get it for you. I'm not too sure though. I haven't gotten it yet, but have been looking at it as an alternative to the expensive MP/SCP ones.

Do a search on ebay for "Focus SOHC intake" and you'll find what you're looking for.

here is a REALLY cr@ppy pic of the intake on my car. i'd like to act like i came up with this idea but others say someone else did first (BLAST!). haha. i'm gonna clean my engine compartment and take a better picture. No one has ever said "gee, that looks out of place" when they see it. i think it looks fine. you can also add a black large 90* bend from lowes and put the maf BEFORE the bend for a CAI that costs around $35. teh bend was NOT my idea. someone else gets props for that one. I haven't done it because i'm afraid of getting water in my intake. anyone think there will be a problem? if i did do that could i still ram through large puddles of water on the side of the road? thanks. steve. hope this pic helps your decision. yes and it's the SOHC one.

Attachments

• mvc-004s.jpg
    mvc-004s.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 478
i have the focus set up on my car, and there is a pic of it under the "340 hp package" post. I purchased the initial kit off ebay for $43(shipped) then added the 90 degree pcv from the home depot. I also had to purchase another rubber connector. The cone is mounted in the fenderwall and thus sucks up cold air. I've had no issues with sucking up water, and I would assume as long as you dont go drive through a small pond you should be ok. All said and done I spent under $60 on it and it's the same principle as those kits that are considerably more expensive.

I currently have the SCP intake that is the black pipe and the 9" k&N with the plastic housing so it draws air through the hole in the fender. I like it fine i just was looking for a little better fitting tube as far as bends and such. But would probably stick with the filter set up in the same position.

pictures of my ghetto cai setup

focuscai1.sized.jpg

focuscai2.sized.jpg

yeah, it's the cheapo filter that came with the kit. blah.
cone2.sized.jpg

i've been thinkg of doing what "supercharged95" did but you HAVE to lengthen the wires for the MAF. Otherwise the air swirls incorrectly and gives the MAF a false reading. Which in the worst case could lead to detonation. It's a great idea but putting the MAF in the correct place, BEFORE a bend, IS VITAL!!! Steve.

I was under that assumption for a long time as well, but it's not true. I've had zero issues with my maf being behind that bend.

Back