Drinkin and postin!

Well the holiday blues have set in once again and I have nothing better to do than to reminisce about spending the holiday without a very special relative that I loved and is no longer with us.
I just finished spending a wad of cash on the family and I am drained. I will stay home the rest of the night because there is nothing worse than a drunk driver. Then I think I will get tore down and go to sleep.
I invite you all to be a part of this tread if you miss someone who is no longer with us.... I would like anyone to be remembered that is special to you guys that is no longer with us or that is sick.

In remembrance of my grandmother, SALLIE LEE BURRELL
1913-2000
GOD BLESS

Frank

He was always good with his hands and wood. Everyone misses you. Survivor of WWII and Korean War.
1924 - 1998 Bernard "Burr" Stephen Furman RIP Gramps

Stephen Furman

Think I'll have one with you DB! Nothing wrong with partaking of a few in the comfort of your own recliner.
This will be my 2nd without my Grandad, who passed last year due to Alzheimers related illnesses. Still a very sore loss, he's the first death I've experienced, since being old enough to understand. I'm 32, and that's actually a lucky position to have been in for so long.
I also have an uncle in the hospital right now having a very hard time that came out of surgery today that we're all worried about. I hope he gets more time, if the cancer and related problems would just leave him alone for a while and give him a break. Roger's a great guy and has always been cheerful, it's not right to see him so down right now.

Here's to the loved ones! One day maybe someone will have a drink for us.

Last edited:
Thanks Bill and 89SCK@t !!!

I'm 34 now and I will tell you that the pain never gets easier.
I'm pretty much buzzing right now, and I really appreciate you taking the time to have a cold one with me. The really odd thing is that I don't even drink!:eek: It does not take much to get me messed up! I will pray for your uncle tonight!
I also want to urge others to mention the ones that we love and the ones that we have lost.
Remember that kid that we all lost last year on this site.........:(

Dirtybird91

Last edited:
Im 20 now lost muh great grandma 8 years ago right before christmas, so this is always a tough time. Great Memories live on tho. Also Adam Mullen, What more can i say i think his name says enough every1 who knew him knows exactly what i mean.

DirtyBird91-Keep your head up man, One day you'll be reunited with your grandma i know its no help right now tho. Ill keep u in prayer.

JAFO-Good Luck to your Uncle boss, Ill keep u in prayer also.

89SCK@T- You have a lot to be proud of your grandfather man, live it up and never forget what he and the other soldiers did for us, and are still doing for us right now

Latsly, All our soldiers fighting for our freedom over here. I think we often overlook whats going on over there. They all deserve much respect and thanks.

Jay

Lets not forget the victims of 9-11 or any other terrorist acts. I've also lost a grandmother a couple yrs back. It was really hard and I'm sure it was just before christmas as well. My grandfather has recently passed as well and he loved the holidays so we have quite a tough time around here rite now.

One thing that I have to be thankful for is that Mr. Jasper Burrell is 91 years old and was a Baptist Minister for 65 years and served the community well. I am very proud of my grandfather. It makes him happy because I named my son after him. He and my grandmother raised me and my twin brother since my mother was only 16.:( Now she's gone.... I really hate this time of year when I think of her not being here. I'm with you on that Motocross Masta.

Dirtybird91

No Prob DB91

Motocross_Masta- I know what your going through man, Muh Great Grandma loved the Holiday Season. Great Memories but if you think they are allin a WAY better place then we are in now, We have to watch our backs 24-7, the world is a crazy place, Just have to stay true to the people who have ur back.

Jay

I just lost my father-n-law, my best friend on Sunday.
Donald f. Mckeone He was 87 and a world war 2 vet and he will be missed by all who knew him. I lost my mom 2 years ago to cancer on dec. 1 and you never get over losing a loved one. I can take comfort in they are at peace. I ill have that drink on friday though. Week end drinker only. God bless

scbird1 said:
I just lost my father-n-law, my best friend on Sunday.
Donald f. Mckeone He was 87 and a world war 2 vet and he will be missed by all who knew him. I lost my mom 2 years ago to cancer on dec. 1 and you never get over losing a loved one. I can take comfort in they are at peace. I ill have that drink on friday though. Week end drinker only. God bless

I will add your mother and Mr. Mckeone to my prayer list tonight scbird1. They are blessed to have someone like you to love them.:cool:

Dirtybird91

I have been here way too long...

I lost both my parents many years ago, and now both my in laws... It is hard and has been said, you never really get over it..
You have to look at the other side of it, How many of you have gotten sick and have been able to overcome your illness??
This is what keeps me going, knowing the family and freinds have gone thru the hard times and have been able to beat whatever had them down...
Yes it is hard to lose some close and dear to you, but you have to look at all the good that is also out there..Live for those times and let the sad times fad back to ALL THE GOOD THINGS that your past departed family and freinds have given you....
That is what makes these times feel a bit better, thinking of those good, fun thing that you did with them...
Maybe it was a fishing trip, or a ride in the country, or maybe it was just something simple as hearing those "old" stories that everyone can remember.... It hurts to think of all those who have pasted, but then I look at all the good times that still remain with family and freinds and it makes the pain a lot less.....Rich....

P.S. I just found out that one of my friends up the street just passed..... now we can only remember how Frank would always wave as we passed his house.....................................

Back