'California' Car???

Information Please!

What year? What tranny?

I assume you're talking about some yr. Supercoupe, even though you didn't specify that.

68COUGAR

Could be many things

It might have a different cam. Probably has a different computer program. It "may" change the shift points for the tranny. May have more or at least different engine sensors. It might have 3 cats, instead of 2. The list is really endless. The important thing is that you know that it's a CA. car, so you can get the correct replacement parts, should you ever need them.

BTW: CA isn't the only state with screwball emission laws. Several other states have adopted the CA. emissions standards.

If I was the president of Ford, I'd say FLUCK California emissions, let them all Walk To Work & see how long it would take to reverse the gestapo emission laws!!!!

68COUGAR

Re: Could be many things

Originally posted by 68COUGAR
BTW: CA isn't the only state with screwball emission laws. Several other states have adopted the CA. emissions standards.

Just NY other than CA, right?

Financially cheaper for WHO?

gdoggy said:
It's probably only good from a financial stand point, but the EEC is $200 cheaper for the CA emissions.
Do you think it's "Cheaper" for all the auto manufacturers (Foreign & Domestic) to build the same basic car, but with different sensors, computer, exhaust, calibration, specifications, etc, etc.

You can find different prices for the same Ford part, at Ford dealers 10 miles apart. So your $200 price difference doesn't hold water.

68COUGAR

Originally posted by gdoggy
Yeah, I left out that info because my car is a '92 T-bird with a 5.0L and I've seen people post here that don't have supercoupes and basically they were told this was SCs only. I worded it as a basic question to avoid confusion....so does anyone know what would be different??
gdoggy...
I don't have the answer to your question but did want to mention sumthin'. There are a lot of extremely knowledgable people on these boards that will be more then ready to help you with any questions you might have about your car, no matter what vehicle it might be. Just give 'em time to spot your questions, they're not the "stuffed shirts" that some might have you believe.

'bird

Back