PDA

View Full Version : Weird Interior Lights!!!!!

acidonly
12-11-2003, 01:43 PM
I have a 1989 thunderbird and my interior lights will go off for
no reason. It is making my alarm go off. I changed the light switch, and also both of the door switches(the little ones in next to the door hinges)I do not know what else i can check. It does not happen when car is started only when car is off. It can go for a month without doing it and it can also do it 20 times a day..

92redsc
12-11-2003, 04:15 PM
mine do that also. my lights go off on the air conditioner, radio, and almost all interior lights including the far left one on the gauges. the ones that dont: two right side light on gauges, and the change oil and fluids lights. the overhead still works. i found out it was a blown fuse under the dash drivers side. the 5 amp. but when i replace it they work fine until i give it alot of gas and it blows the fuse. i think it also does the back middle brake light. wierd huh?

92redsc
12-11-2003, 04:16 PM
and my alarm will go off every once in a while if you lock it. ?????

1BADSC
12-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Is it just me, or do the 89 SC's seem to have a lot more electrical problems then any other?

acidonly
12-11-2003, 09:09 PM
My mistake my lights will go on they will light not off sorry about the first post. I will be in my house and all of the sudden i would see my interior lights on. And when i got an alarm my alram would go on because of the interior lights. They just turn on for no reason..

aplvlydrtybird
12-11-2003, 10:12 PM
weird ~~~~~ = bad ground....thats what i was always told...try finding some wires....my 2 cents