will this exhaust help at all???

Mark B. White

I just swaped a flowmaster force II kit off of my friends totalled 93 SC on to my 94 SC. I just cut my down tubes after the the cat on each side and welded in the flowmaster system with the flowmaster resonator. The car sounds great and even feels a little quicker but this could be my imagination. Will this swap help my horsepower and torque even though there is still a cat on each side?????? I figured by eliminating my third cat and the crapy ford resonator and the two ford mufflers, it should help a lot but I just wanted some experienced opinions!!!!!! And I thought that I might loose some boost with the swap but my car is still hitting between 14 and 15 pounds without a pulley swap. @5200 RPM!!!!!

Mark,

No offense, but this is your 3rd post about doing this exhaust swap in the last few days. Try posting on your original thread with updates and additional questions. The thread will get bumped to the top, and you will still get the exposure you are seeking. Otherwise, this type of activity adds to a lot of clutter on the forums, and pushes other threads down faster, potentially before they can get noticed or addressed by those who wish to respond.

Regards,

sorry, I didn't know how to do that on this site, I'm a mustang guy and I'm used to stang net. And my friend who I spoke of in my questions posted most of those question with my name, so take it easy!!

I am taking it easy, that is why I urged you not to take offence. This is merely a suggestion for the better use of the board for yourself, and everyone else. I know it is easy to get offended but what people write, but please understand that is not my intention.

In the future, just post back and reply on your original threads, and that automatically pushed the thread back to the top of the order where everyone will see it and re-read it.

Sincerely,

I have the same exhaust on my 90 and like you said I didn't notice a significant decrease in boost, or an increase in power. All it seem to do was change the sound (which wasn't bad). My guess is that it's not that great of an exhuast.
Mike

Last edited:
When I installed my exhaust I really didnt notice much of a loss at all in boost, but still had a great increase in power. Went from only being able to spin the tires at launch to massive wheelspin/hop when it hits 3k on anything other than a perfect road surface.

Take a look at the pics below, you might wanna consider gettin' rid of those stock downtubes. Stockers are 1-7/8, mine are 2-1/4. Your stock '94 pipes might look & measure larger but they are actually double-walled pipe.

'bird

8993pipes1466.jpg

8995pipes2136.jpg

exaust

I have a set of Tbirds downtubes. They fit perfect and eliminated those sharp bends into the cats. The free flowing exaust was a great mod, only changing gears offered more seat of the pants get up and go. My boast dropped from 12 to 10 pounds of boost

trust me I know those cats can't be helping none, but I like the way it sounds. Its not to loud and raspy but it sounds healthy. Remember, my weekend car is a 90 stang GT, my coupe is just what I have fun in everyday so I don't want it to loud and radical. how much louder will it be with those down pipes?? MY buddies sounded horrible with gutted cats!!!! Did the swap I did help at all????

Back