Another example of why im gettin ase certified

B

blkSC

I think you all might have heard of my alleged tranny troubles... so today i take the sc to a local trans shop that 'specializes' in automatics and i tell him i want to install shift kit and fix anything thats wrong. so dude says okay let me drive it. we get in the car and he lets it shift from 1-2 and then to 3 and then womps on the gas(doing so made the trans downshift and hold the shifting to third til around 4500) so according to him because it shifted so high in the rpm band the last gear must be slipping. To myself i though well maybe its shifting late cuz your sticking your foot through the floorboard.

should still do upshifts in wide open throttle, but with this said, take it to another tranny shop and ask ehtem to diagnose, i heard aamco does free inspections

al

Yap

I thought about taking it there. Think'll i'll call and find out.

Re: Yap

Be careful with " Double A *cha-ching* M C O " They seem to think everything is a rebuild. There is a shop up here in T.O. that did my trans in my 94 LX. Where are you located at?

All is well

My trans checked out with no problems.. thanks though

Re: All is well

Do yourself a favor (due to the fact that your trans is fine) and get a shift kit, trans cooler, and switch to MERCON V. Make sure you drain all the fluid (the converter included).

Oh yeah....

OH heck yea im definitely getting a shift kit.. which one i dont know. I havent chosen a tranny cooler yet but i will have one. As for the mercon V, its not recommend that that type of fluid is used on cars pre 96 or 98. Ford manual says it eats away at the seals in the 94 transmission. that info was from tccoa.com article on the aod.

Back