should i buy?

wigglesrewind

i found a friend of a friend who is selling a red 94 cougar xr7 for like 300 bucks. the body on it is in awesome shape and the interior is perfect as well. it has leather and most of the options available. the problem is the dude was driving it and the oil pump seized up on him. he said there is problem some damage to the piston rings but with a new oil pump it could run a little longer before needing engine work. this will be my 3rd vehicle so if it needs a rebuild thats not a problem. how expensive is a 4.6 mill out of a junkyard and more improtantly do you guys think that this is a good buy? he said the car has 89k on it and new brakes. i thought that for only 300 to 500 it was a good deal but thought i would get some second opinions...tell me what you think.

josh

If you've got the means to replace the motor go for it...a 2v 4.6L shouldnt be that expensive from a junkyard (I'm seeing some in the 500$ area on ebay).

Go For It!! You bet! That sounds like a pretty decent deal. If you are capable of changing the engine yourself, I sure would. You can pick up a low mileage GT 4.6L for less then $1000. You could have a really nice, reliable car for less then $1500.

Thomas

Back