Is this all I need for the supercharger rebuild?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Found this kit on ebay. I have a rattle coming from the SC when idling..it will usually go away once you step on the gas. Im pretty sure a rebuild will fix it but i want to konw if this kit will cover everything. Here's what it says:

This is a Nose Rebuild Kit For Eaton M90 Supercharges Mainly on Thunderbird Super Coupes.

What you are buying
1. 2 Bearings and a Seal
2. Step By Step Instructions On Rebuilding

These bearings will come packed in Amsoil White Lightening Grease which is Probably one of the most Hi-Speed greases on The Market.

Add $8 and I will get the oil you need to finish the Job
-------------------------------------------------
this is the linky:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33741&item=2448388815
------------------

Don't know about the kit cause I have never rebuilt a SC

Ford did gaurantee them for life. My supercharger makes a rattle at idle. But it is tight when I step on the gas it goes away. Some will tell you thats the way they were new rattle at idle.

You will still need a coupler.

To do the repair, i'd recommend using a press.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448243053&category=33741

3f_1.JPG

Where could I gain access to a press? And in case I cant, then how would i go about installing the couplers?

I sell that same combo for 28.50 + 4.00 shipping. See the parts page in my sig below.

'bird

brgskit7916.jpg

Hey tbird88, im not too familiar with the internals of the supercharger, so pardon my stupid question. Im not sure just by the pictures of your kit if that coupler that cougarsc mentions is included, or if i woudl have to acquire that one separately. Also, if you guys could help me out with the whole press thing...whta can I do if i cant have access to one?

CaifanSC

The kits mentioned so far in this thread include the snout seal and bearings only.

For a very good article on tinkerin' with your snout,
check here: Snout rebuilding 101

If all else fails, I can do it for ya.

'bird

You wont necessarily need a coupler on your sc rebuild, if your coupler is fine than you can reuse it. i rebuilt my blower and my coupler was fine.
as for the press, if you dont have access to one, the job will be extremely hard. i tried to do it without a press using dr fred's instructions and its not easy.
if you dont know anyone who has a press one thing that you could try is visit a mechanic and see if he has a few minutes or give him some money. theyll usually help ya out if your nice and buy beer.

also, make sure you get GOOD quality, high speed bearings, made in japan. none of that korea ****. theyll run you at least $10 US. and if they come with shields, i would recommend taking them off first. they generate friction and heat cant handle high rpms.

play

if your not leaking oil out the front seal ...it's likely just the coupler ....and if it's the 94 your working on ..it will be a spring loaded coupler .. not a soild one ...like in the pic..you can just bend the end tabs of the spring back to reload it ..and say bye bye knock @ idle ..worked for me ....though a snout rebuild would be awesome .. I would take the belt off and see how much play is in the pulley.. before it picks up the rotors ...to determine if the coupler is at fault .. or you may be tearing into it one more time ...dave

Back