sc pulley belt

ThunderDave

After installing a 5% overdrive pulley on my 91 sc, I get a belt squeal around 4500 rpms. Could it be because the belt is too big and is slipping? When I bought the car in July, the owner told me the belts had just been replaced and they look to be in great shape, so I doubt it's worn out. Has anyone had this problem after adding an overdrive pulley? Do I need a belt a little smaller?

David

Last edited:
You could try some belt dressing.

Could be bad tensioners. I have already broke the SC belt tensioner twice cause of all the torque snapping the tensioner back and forth I just keep replacing with used. You never Know what you are gonna get with belt sizes some a little short some to big. The Kelley springfield from autozone seems to fit good a little tight But I replaced the tension with one from the bottom of the bracket....

I thought that maybe since the pulley was smaller than the stock one, the belt might fit looser if the tensioner didn't tighten it enough. I guess I can try some belt dressing first and if that doesn't work decide on whether to go with a smaller belt or try another tensioner. Thanks for the suggestions.

:D

David

Back