PDA

View Full Version : TBK...about the Bakersfield Shoot-Out

RonzSC
04-29-2002, 05:37 PM
Hey man...
The NORCAL guys are having a slow reaction to the invite, with the exception of one gentleman.
When we get together at Carlsbad, I believe that we can tell how we are running and by that we can elect who is going to be racing from our chapter. I think that we want our fastest SC's representing our chapter...no?
We want to give everyone a fair shot at the big race so those that are getting their cars ready will be supported. Maybe we can make a preliminary decision and then if someone gets their ride in shape then the make a qualifying run and see where they stand against those already qualified. Likewise, maybe someone might (cough*cough*)tweak their car and would not be available for Bakersfield, then we have a list and the next guy would be in line accourding to the numbers.
If your flywheel isn't set-up when we come down to Carlsbad, we still have plenty of time for you to get it together.EWDooley is out there and is getting his CM2 ready, so we are making good progress.
Let me know your thoughts.

al35thsc
04-29-2002, 08:19 PM
that is friggin sweet, imagine if we had the swb#6 (if anyone can find him), the stage 2, john's monster, the inverted setups, water cooled sc's, and aluminum flywheeled cars, plus ths 3 35ths and the red beauties, we would SO kick ~~~ its not even funny!!!

al

oh yeah, ron, you kinda need to say a name between coughs for it to have the effect (*Cough manny is a post whore *cough) :lol:

John Shelton
04-29-2002, 09:15 PM
I think in time there will be lots of interest from our brethern and sistern from the north; August is still a few months away.

How about a team award for lowest total ET for X number of cars, "X" being number of the cars from the team with the least showing up; same for top speed. This way will allow for the most cars to partricipate. Then, individual awards for best ET, best TS, best RT, and last, but not least, longest nap at the tree.

BTW, if Elbert has his car running by then (and I expect it should be) he will have one bad kickass machine!

35th SC
04-29-2002, 09:54 PM
John,
That is a fantastic idea! What do you others think?

TBKHomeworld
04-29-2002, 10:57 PM
Well, considering I've never done a TRUE drag race before....I really don't know how I'm gonna do. I might TOTALLY screw up, then again I might be a natural (doubt that). I'm use to doing the redlight 500 and I'm typically VERY good at that.

Sounds good about the way it's gonna be setup for the challenge. I didn't realize what it was exactly. I definately have the information set straight now and understand the purpose.

I have my flywheel in now and I'm going to be slapping that puppy in this weekend. I highly doubt with it being a STOCK engine setup that I'll be running fast enough to be put in the running....but at least I'm gonna try and HOPEFULLY not blow anything w/my quick revving engine! (13lb flywheel guys!!! 13 POUNDS!!!!)

PS- SWB #3 is for sale right now. It's exactly as George said it was and it's located in San Diego. The owner wants $10.000 for it. If I had that much, then I would be the proud new owner....but I don't...so oh well.

RonzSC
04-30-2002, 01:25 AM
John...I think your idea is pretty good. It doesn't matter to me how we do it.

I like the category for highest r/t. As you know I have been shooting for the elevens as a goal this year.

al35thsc
04-30-2002, 11:42 AM
well how bout we all list the mods we have (performance) and go from there. we do some trial runs at carlsbad, and based on et and rt we choose the best, if someone then further modifies their sc, we give them another shot. as long as its not no dial in bracket racing we should be good on a drag race war

al

RonzSC
04-30-2002, 03:28 PM
From now on we keep our mods "Undisclose".
Our times are also very classified.
Hey man....we are going into competition and we need to keep our cards to ourselves.
We can talk amongst our selves at the various meets and e-mails, but the bottom-line is how well you run, isn't it? Unless we all run and compete in one way or another, as Shelton suggests.

al35thsc
04-30-2002, 04:08 PM
thats a good idea, if u read their board, a lot of them are wanting to get some rebuilds (bj's and all) before the meet, looks like they are actually starting to get motivated!

al

RonzSC
04-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Al...do you still have that 100hp wet NOS that you offered me? I may try that with the Manny set-up and the Dr. Poindexter cooler.

al35thsc
04-30-2002, 06:00 PM
no i sold that setup for a 250 shot of naws (the fogger system). that and the dr. bj cam, the poindexter cooler, drinking glass and screwdriver mod, inverted blower and 2,d and over drive delete lentech i should be good, gonna run em all in 1'st to give them a good chance polish that trophy good boys gonna take the fastest blow up trophy, just you watch

al

RonzSC
04-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Al... I can't wait till you get that motor broken in.
I couldn't believe my eyes when you lifted the front wheels off the ground at Irwindale. Awesome dude!
I am try to get some better motor torque straps on mine this week. I broke the local dyno with the torque I', pulling. I may have to go dwon to Yorba Linda and run at John Force's dyno as he is local and I know he can hold my SC. Can you go with me?

al35thsc
04-30-2002, 06:25 PM
sure i'll go just to get some video of it and help them hold down that extreme setup you got going, who would know that nailpolish could add so much hp and torque send me an email and i'll make it down to yorba linda, its right by my baby's school anyway

al