How much stock boost should I have??

boostwhat

I was just lookig at a post and a guy claime 15 pounds of factory boost. I have an 89 and only have like 7-8 max. Is this normal? Thanks Derek

Since you have another thread about the same subject (boost) just 4 threads down from this one (link below), you could have asked this question there and got a response. Every time you have a new question about the same topic, you don't need to start a whole different thread. This leads to repetitive threads and pushes other threads off the first page prematurely. I'm just giving you a heads up to help make the board better for you, and everyone else. Please take no offense, and this is strictly constructive.

http://sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=38309

Sincerely,

Depends many variables.

Should be 12-13 . The m-90 is supposed to flow almost 1 atmosphere. I5 is possible with a different pully.. What dose your boost gage read for vacume. A vacume leak can rob boost... Check the FAQ section .... say you are getting 12 for vac then when you go into boost you will be missing 8..... Vac at idle should be 20 unless your boost gage is messed up..... .

I have approx. 16-17 in/hg at idle. So that would make sense. I must have a vaccum leak. The engine has been changed by a backyard idiot so I'm sure it will take a while to find my problem. Thanks Derek.

I have a 94 SC 5speed and it does hit 15 pounds of boost and it is stock with a stock pulley!! The 94, 95 SC's have a better supercharger, it is more efficient and can achieve more boost with a larger pulley than the earlier models with the smaller pulley. Almost all 94-95's are between 13-15 pounds. I would say that your car should be around 12 psi, you probably have a vac. leak or the tube to the gauge is leaking.

Back