Pics of my 92 H.O. XR7 with Xenon Kit and lowered

sumzxr7

Hey all...

This is my first time posting any pics of my 92 H.O 5.0 XR7, as it has been in at a local shop getting restored.

Here are some pics. Sorry for the quality as I don't have a great side shot, but I can assure you more are to come.

It's been a long time, as I spent a lot of hours getting this car to where it is now...still some small items (i.e. like lowering the rear) but she's essentially done.

It's got the full Xenon kit front to back as well as the sides and it was lowered in the front with Eibach spings.

The car was also painted Jet Gloss black.

Here are some pics..

new_cougar_1.jpg

new_cougar_2.jpg

new_cougar_3.jpg

Oh man, does that look sweet! I love the cougars with SC ground f/x. IMO you gotta ditch those rims tho... :p

sumzxr7 said:
It's got the full Xenon kit front to back as well as the sides...

Paul, those aren't the same as the SC ground FX. However, I think they look pretty good on that XR7. I'm not sure about having deleted the belt mouldings along the doors. To me, with the way the Xenon kit fits before and after the door, you might find it looks better with the belt mouldings. You need some nice driving lights to fill in those gaping holes in the front bumper cover/lower valence.

I had a certain affinity for those cars (5.0L HO in an XR7) since way back when I worked for a Ford dealer, and I got to drive a couple around when they were on the used car lot. They made for a very nice mix of power and comfort!

That's shaping up to be one sweet ride! ...Now just get yourself a nice huffer for that beast, and start wearing your way through the rear tires! ;)

Cheers,

Sean

Thanks guys..

I will soon be installing fogs to cover up the openings, and putting on SC rims to replace the stockers I have on now.

As for the door guard, when I was installing the kit, the quater panel door guard was too big for the side skirts, as I believe the kit was made for 92 and lower t-birds ??. (the door guards on the 92 Cougars, well for the XR7 were really thick and bigger than the previous model year) so I was forced to take them off. Leaving the middle door guard on, would have made the sides skirts look out of place, so I just removed them.

I also ran into the same problem for the front end, as I know it was strictly made for the t-bird, as the grill would not fit nor would the bumber supports to hold it in place (this was due to the bumber guards). Thus, I was forced to shave some of the bumber guards off so the front would fit, and the same with the top part off the bumber. Xenon just made a front clip for the Cougar, where as the t-birds got the whole bumber...this applies to kits made for the 92 and lower birds, at least this is what I have read.

The car will sit the whole winter and then I plan on enjoying it for the rest of the summer. I can't wait, as I have always loved these cars since high school. Im not your typical 26 year old sports compact freak...;-)

More pics to come..thanks..

Last edited:
very nice indeed, XR7's look so damn nice, but I agree with Sean, you gotta put somethign on the doors they look outta place with nothing there, you can see how the side ground f/x are in front and behind the door but nothing on the door, you may have to go out and find a moulding that looks good there.

Otherwise SWEET looking ride!:D

Hey, what a great looking Cat!

I'm partial to this style XR7 as well - cause I have the same thing :cool:. Bought her used when I was 18. The ladies like it! Everybody in my area has either a 4x4 pickup, or a riceburner.

Was yours black too when you bought it? I noticed your interior is the same as mine, but didn't know if you could get black with the white or red exterior.

Whereabouts do you live?

I hear ya on the wheels, they look fine without GFX on the car, but as soon as my 92 had the SC stuff on it - the 16's looked kinda dumb. My LS is wearing those 16's now with winter tires, and it looks goofy too.

BTW - your SC wheels are on backwards :D!

Best,

Kevin.

Thanks guys.

The car was silver before I got it painted black.

I am the 3rd owner now, and I wonder what the previous owner would say if she saw it now....as it looked nothing like it does now..;-)

I just need to do a few more cosmetic tweaks and she will all be done. Everything still works fine, except the a/c....and the engine still has great compression...

BTW, I am in the Markham area..

Last edited:
Back