Help with stalling

rrlcommish

I have a 1991 SC 5-speed, completely stock. It was running pretty rough and wanting to stall, especially with the compressor running (i.e. AC or defrost on). I replaced plugs, plug wires, PCV valve, fixed a small vacuum hose leak and changed the fuel filter. Runs better now, but is still wanting to stall when coming to a stop and/or sitting at idle. And still worse when compressor kicks on. And when it stalls, it is VERY difficult to get re-started. What else could be wrong?

Check the timing, and run the codes if you can. Those are my only suggestions, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will post soon.

Good Luck,

try adjusting ur throttle body
there is a small hole on the drivers side i believe of the t-body
get an allen key and turn it all the way closed ( counter -clockwise) then turn it one ands a half times open ( clockwise) and see if that helps. ( the clockwise and counterclockwise might be reversed sorry ) After my engine rebuild i coulndt get it to idle properly with the AC on and this helped right away !

Should I try that with the engine running or off? I would assume that it would stall completely if I did it running. Is that just an adjustment or am I actually completely closing off the throttle?

Adjust it with the car off
but remember where it was originally incase u mess somthing up!
If u close it all the way i honestly cant tell u what would happen because i have never tried that.
Good Luck
Nick

Back