Headlights Work.....shifter..dont'

SCBiscuit

WELL THEN lets see i figured out what was wrong with the headlights...actually the previous owner showed me.. he was a cop so a lil special wiring is in the car... along with a mystery black box.. im praying its a siren..... umm anyways.. i went out to get my brakes bled today and i decided to gun it once and was immeditely met with a GRINDING SOUND... the car didnt want to get into 1 gear .. and i was met with a whole loty of pl;ay on the side of the 1st and second gears.. i think the bottom ball of the shifter has broken off. i cannot take the car out of first gear.. the car has some serious retarded play in the shifter..... i have had this car 3 weeks.. replaced the master brake cylinder... ignition switch and the list is getting longer. so does anyone know of a nice shifter that isnt rediculously short. like the b and m thats a lil too short for me. thanks catch you guys later.

You can rebuild the old shifter assuming it isn't actually broken. The kit isn't too expensive.

Or you can pick up a B&M Ripper shifter from Summit.

Those are pretty much your choices.

As far as the tranny, hopefully it's just a case of shifter slop not allowing the correct engagement of the forks. You may not know until you fix the shifter issue.

Good luck.

Get the B&M. It retains the stock height and look. I got one, and I love it. I also changed to a mustang extention to put the shifter and relaxed hands reach. My shifts are a flick of the wrist. After seein how badly I busted my factory shifter, in less than a year of driving, I gave up on the thought of a rebuild.

problem found

WELL looks like had some $hiznitty work done in the past on the tranny(tightening bolts to factory spec is optional i guess)... i lost two bolts that hold the shifter down.. after driving it like that that day.. my clutch was smoking.. i hope my flywheel isnt damaged.. or my aftermarket clutch..im probably going with the b and m i like using stock failures as an excuse for after market upgrades... this is WHY I NEVER TAKE MY car in for any kind of repair if i cant do it myself .. foooey later fellas...and ladies

new shifter on the way...

new shifters on the way.. im going to be needing new seatbelt buckles and the belts/chain/(whatever moves them) for the door seatbelts.. anyone got em???

Back