Car back together runs real rough??

shotbirdsc

Just finished a hg job on my car. Also installed 1.73 RR's, MP II Supercharger, 42lb ford lightning injectors, MP Inlet, 76 MAFS with 42lb tube, NGK iridiums gapped to 45, 8mm wires. Now when it starts up it runs real rough wants to backfire and will not hold idle. Where should I look first. I am pretty sure that I have the firing order correct, I understand that the car may run a little rough but it feels like the timing is out. The service engine soon light does not come on. Any ideas or suggestions where to start?

Thanks Eric

Have you checked for any vacuum leaks? That is the most common problem. In my case, I had to adjust the screw on the throttle body, but I had upgraded to the mp unit at the time. Only other thought would be if you had removed your cam sensor. If you did, and didn't line it up right, you could be having a similair problem.

Considering you blew your HG, o2 sensors should have been replaced. I don't know if you did them or not, but that could be a starting point. Firing order and vacuum leaks, as mentioned, will likely be the next suspects. Make sure all the injector harnesses are plugged in correctly also.

Looks like firing order was not right I reversed 5 and 6. Runs good now. I bought new O2 sensors but didn't iinstall them yet. The two new ones that I picked up from CTC were different with same numbers? I still think that I may have a slight miss but I'll have to get it out on the road to see.

Anyone know what causes the battery light to illuminate on the dash? It seems as if the altenator is still charging the battery--Is there a seperate location for the sensor other than the altenator for the light on the dash.

Eric

Back