Over Under Drive

Does it mount to the differential or to the tail of the tranny?
It's a one speed OD or what?
How does it shift? Manually? Cable operated?

It’s an aux trany 22% OD that replaces the tail shaft it is electrically controlled with a button on the floorboard or on the shifter. They say its good for up to 2,000HP (Factory modded) 1,200HP (Stock) and 2-5 tenths!! They sent me a template for test fitting and other than moving back my driveshaft loop I think (Hope) it will fit. (driveshaft will need to be shortened 12") I'm prepared for the fuel cell if necessary

LINKY LINKY http://www.gearvendors.com/
Be prepared it ant cheep!!
But then how much dose it cost for a 1/2 second
Here’s a ratio chart http://www.gearvendors.com/hrfordratios.html

With the 4.10s I’m running this is the ticket!!

So I guess I’m the first to try this??

Attachments

• install1.jpg
    install1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 185
Video

I'd be interested in your info. I have one but just the the unit itself. Don't understand how they adpt to tranny? What tranny are you puting it one?

I thought it was bigger than that. You probably won't need to install a fuel cell, it should fit in there. Let us know how it works out.

-Rod

OD Unit

I came across this thread and decided to post an update (Finally) the unit is in and working perfectly I mounted a foot switch on the floorboard to engage/disengage the unit. The thing shifts harder than my built AOD I have put around 3000 miles on it so far without a problem

1st over is useless with 4:11s
2nd over and third over are however a blast and I can cruse at 80 in 4th over without the engine screaming!!
It’s a bit of a learning curve to shift it correctly but I’m getting there.
Its a timing thing. After you shift into 2nd gear wind er up and press the button Bang! The OD engages then your in 2nd over, wind er up again. At that point you disengage the unit (press the foot switch) and shift into 3rd at about the same time. That puts you in 3rd wind er up in 3rd and press the button Bang! 3rd over Rince & Repete for 4th
I opted not to use the auto electronics control package that comes with the unit so some safety issues have arisen
In park with the engine running and the over drive engaged the car will roll
It makes a terrible racket if you try and back up with it engaged (Won’t do that again!!)
To help I have installed a dash mounted light that comes on when the unit is engaged.
All in all other than the cost I am very satisfied with the unit and would recommend it to anyone with a tall gear set.

The guy that bought Chris Wise's 93 SC "Bob Simms" who also lives in St. Louis installed a unit from Gear Vendors. I think he broke something shortly afterwards, but was pretty happy with it too.

Sounds alot like the dump truck I used to drive with a 2 spd. rear end. Too much concentration was required for Day Dreamer like me.

David

Motohead said:
I came across this thread and decided to post an update (Finally) the unit is in and working perfectly I mounted a foot switch on the floorboard to engage/disengage the unit. The thing shifts harder than my built AOD I have put around 3000 miles on it so far without a problem

1st over is useless with 4:11s
2nd over and third over are however a blast and I can cruse at 80 in 4th over without the engine screaming!!
It’s a bit of a learning curve to shift it correctly but I’m getting there.
Its a timing thing. After you shift into 2nd gear wind er up and press the button Bang! The OD engages then your in 2nd over, wind er up again. At that point you disengage the unit (press the foot switch) and shift into 3rd at about the same time. That puts you in 3rd wind er up in 3rd and press the button Bang! 3rd over Rince & Repete for 4th
I opted not to use the auto electronics control package that comes with the unit so some safety issues have arisen
In park with the engine running and the over drive engaged the car will roll
It makes a terrible racket if you try and back up with it engaged (Won’t do that again!!)
To help I have installed a dash mounted light that comes on when the unit is engaged.
All in all other than the cost I am very satisfied with the unit and would recommend it to anyone with a tall gear set.

So when are all of us St Louis guys going to get together and check this out?

Or better yet, go to the track and see what it will do?

Kurt K said:
So when are all of us St Louis guys going to get together and check this out?

Or better yet, go to the track and see what it will do?

I'm in. Sounds pretty cool.

-Rod

Back