Trans-Mission!

B

blkSC

Hi anyone know a affordable shop that will rebuild my 94 auto ? it hasnt totally konked out but its just not shifting right. I wanted to have someone or a shop take a look at it and if its fine install a shift kit to get me outta the marshmellow land of ford automatics !

I don't know of a shop, but here is my 2 cents when it comes to the Autos. Either 1) swap it to a 5-speed or 2) put in the Lentech.

As i'm sure you already know the Ford AOD, factory, is a piece of junk. It would function better as a boat weight (ship weight is more like it w/how much the stupid thing weighs) than a high torque tranny.

thats quite a polish job must of took a hole 8ball for some tweeker to do that

What's affordable for you? For $2,595 the Lentech is a good deal and I believe it's guarantied for life. Plus I haven't heard anyone complain about it. Only bad thing is there quite far from the west coast.

Hmmmm

Tv cable ? that could totally be it! now if i just knew were that thing was lol! 2700 for a tranny may be more than im willing to put down right now. i was thinking about a grand. I have a brother who works for ford and i get all ford parts including svt shyt for what they cost ford.

Re: Hmmmm

Have you tried injector cleaner??? It makes such a big difference. For only $2 bucks, you might as well give it a shot. Just my input!

Mandi =0)

Cleaner

Havent tried that yet. actually because of school i havent tried much of anything. This upcoming weekend im planning on throwing her on jack stands and giving her a once over.

The stumper

The killer is that since i unhooked the battery and let the computer relearn its been driving like a lit rocket, it just shifts all funny(too soon,too low of rpm) under light throttle.. when im on it it drives fine.

Re: The stumper

Seriously, try injector cleaner--it works. I was having similar problems, I put the cleaner in, noticed a difference after driving 20 miles!!! Go to pep boys tomorrow!!!

Mandi =0)

Well there goes that hope lol!

guess there wont be a quick fix :-(

Re: scanner

Yeah.....Merc is right. I misread the year of the car. My bad.

hey

its all good fellas. just trying to get the thing fixed. Someone mentioned doing a swap from auto to stick i would imagine this is a BIG job am i wrong ?

Re: hey

It's not all that bad. Finding the parts is going to be the "fun" part of it all. I can say this: If you can change the brakes on these things, then you can most certainly do an Auto to 5-speed swap.

I have written an arcticle and you can read it Here.

sweet !

i'll read the article. I find alot of cars being parted out on the recycler.com website.. i might start looking for the parts

Hmm

Trans seems to be ready to act right again. I think the computer relearn procedures are over. Im taking her into Trans shop for kit install and overall caressing.

Back