Fender Bender..........

Thunder139

Everyone

I need some advice on a little fender bender that I got my self into. Not wanting to move blame, I should have seen her and stopped. But on to the point. My passenger side fender is jacked, along with the mirror, and several scrapes down the door.

I have been checking on the replacement parts, and the difference between a Base and a SC fender is over $300. I did a quick search here and found some info on the differences, but I was wondering if anyone had anymore details on this. I would love to be able to get the OEM $160 fender instead of the almost $500 one.

Here is what the damage looks like

90sc1.jpg

90sc2.jpg

90sc3.jpg
90sc4.jpg
90sc5.jpg

WHAT TO DO ???????????????

USED PARTS ARE CHEAP ON THIS SITE....................GO TO WANT BUY SITE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU SHOULD GET SOMETHING FOR 1/2 THE PRICE..........FAST FREDDIE:confused: :cool: :eek:

I have the whole front cap off my car and I have a LX right front fender that has been modified to SC. I can get the fender and take a pic of the mod if you want so you can see exactaly what it is....its really simple and you will save $$$$
Let me know.

The only difference in the fenders is two holes and a bracket that is used to attach the ground effects on the SC. A LX fender will fit just fine. You'll just need to relocate the bracket from your fender to the new one.

I circled the extra holes that the SC fender has and the bracket attaches to.

expensivefender.jpg

When I fixed my front fender, I got one off a Mercury Cougar for only $20.00.

I also had a problem with a passenger side mirror after a tap with a temporary lane divider on the road. Here is a link to the thread that discusses the replacement part for the guts of the electric mirror.

http://host.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34791&highlight=passenger+mirror

That is just the kind of information that i need, keep it comming!

I think the mirror is hosed, so i am just going to replace it.

Shawn

As Fast Freddie said, used parts are cheap here. I have the mirror, fender, and door in stock. I may even be able to come up with some of these parts in black (I need to check). If you're interested, shoot me an email at rodsv6cougar@cs.com.

-Rod

Back