First time at track! (1/8)

TbirdSC93

Ran at the local 1/8 mile strip and here are my times. This is the first time I have taken my car to the track. It was about low to mid 50s

...........Run 1....Run 2......Run 3
R/T.... 1.265....1.099......1.159
60'.... 2.139.... 2.247......2.260
330... 6.248....6.044.......7.044
1/8.... 9.510....9.232.......10.494
MPH.. 75.78.....77.04........72.75

On the 3rd run my car started going sideways on the 2-3 shift. Overall it was a great experience and will go again when the reopen in january

If you guys would give me some tips and advice that would be great!

Thanx,
Jeremy

Last edited:
well I bought them with the car but from what I notice other people get with different gears yeah, it does...Im thinking about 175miles per tank

I can't relate to 1/8 mile times, but your 60' times are decent. What was your launch technique?

Kurt

First I lauched at like 1000 and then like 1200....I wasnt sure how good of traction I would get being that if I launch like that on the street my tires just start spinnin away. I would like to get more practice at my launches which I think would help times too

Ill try that next time....Id like to get down to bradenton during the winter to get some 1/4 times....hopefully I wont run out of RPMs

Let me know when you're going to bradenton and I'll meet you there. This won't lower your times but try leaving on the 2nd yellow light, this should help those R/T times. Also after you stage your first light inch up to stage your 2nd light, this will help you out of the hole. Good luck.

Hey Jermey, just letting you know I will be at the track on thursday the 8th and saturday the 10th.

Thursday 6-11pm
Saturday 10-3pm

Well Jeremy I never had he best luck at the track in my SC but hey traction would have helped. My advice is try and try again to get that launch on that next to last light.

Back