Motor Trend bad specs

SC UL8R1990

I really liked motor trend but the super coupe article kinda bothers me.

first of all they only mustered a 16.24 out of a 5speed 1989 SC. And second of all they referred to the wheels as 15"ers.

i just thought id rant a bit. They must not be able to drive and/or read a tire

If I recall, they did have some disclaimers in there about using an abused prototype car and that the final may be different and perform better.

Yeah, I think you are correct. I know the car they tested was a prototype. Too bad there isn't any documentation of the same testers driving a production unit. Most people claim that the Motortrend tests faster than most any good driver, so it is unlikely that they can't drive.

-Steve

I'd have to disagree with that. Motor Trend consistently has slower road test numbers than the other rags.

I recall seeing a test on a late 80s 5.0 Mustang GT, something like 15.2 or 15.3 quarter mile ... what a load of crap. One time when I was at the strip with my 87 5.0 LX, another guy there with a loaded 88 GT that was absolutely stock, 2.73 gears and all, about 4,000 miles on it, asked me to drive his car. The result ... 14.82. :rolleyes: I'm not that great a driver.

cheers
Ed N.

Car & Driver did a long term (30k miles) test on a '90 5 speed and recorded a 15.0 and 6.4 0-60, when the car was fully broken in. When it was green out of the box, they pulled a 15.5 on the same car, so it definitely loosened up and ran better with mileage. I think that's more representative of what people have been able to do with like examples.

resized%20dec%2001%20low%20pro%20side.jpg

Motor Trend tested a 95 automatic SC and came up with 15.2 for the 1/4 mile. My 94 automatic which is pretty much the same everything as a 95 automatic ran a 15.050 stock. :)

mannysc said:
maybe it had a turbo on it lol

LOL! OR MAYBE IT HAD AN INVERTED TURD ON IT!!!:D :D :D

LMAO!
INVERTED TURD!!!! INVERTED TURD!!!! INVERTED TURD!!!! INVERTED TURD!! INVERTED TURD!!!!!! INVERTED TURD!!!! INVERTED TURD!!!! INVERTED TURD!!!! INVERTED TURD!!!! INVERTED TURD!!!! INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!! INVERTED TURD!!!! INVERTED TURD!!!!

INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!INVERTED TURD!!!!

db91:rolleyes:

All in fun!!!!

It is really cool chasing Manny around these treads and carrying on like this.
I seriously like you Manny, and it's cool to have someone around who doesn't get offended at pure fun. I know in our case that there is no right or wrong! WE JUST DON'T GET ALONG!:D

Your friend,

DIRTYBIRD91

oh you dirty bird damn it you figured me out seriusly ,
no offece towards you. and I like the bs its my way .lol

man I really like messin with you . im not nor do I want to be your enemie . infact I have great respect for you and your comments and this issue ahs been going around for some time .

all I say is my thoughts but not necisarly the god given end all world truth. i can be wrong ive proved it time after time.

I wish you luck with the turbo setup. and hope its everything you dream it is , so i can get one when the works over and invert it .

pump air out of motor and into exh lol. dont take my comments personaly they are not meant to dis anyone , and now that ive read more and heard more it is not so bad ,

if ignorance is"nt bliss I dont know what is.

or sum thin lak thaaat.

some like apples some like oranges me I like bananas

Back