lucas oil additive/stabilizer

slipknot1212121

i got some of this stuff and put some in my brothers 85 turbocoupe and it smoothed things out so i decided to try some in my engine and again it seemed to work .on the bottle it says its good for engines ,trannys .lawnmowers,gearboxes, etc Anyways my question is can u put a lil bit of this stuff in your supercharger safely? thats basically a gearbox right?

well exactly what are you trying to accomplish? if your supercharger rotors are worn out and you are just trying to buy some time i guess you could put a little in.....but keep in mind that the supercharger doesn't take that much oil in the first place and it's a much lighter oil than motor oil is......so i'd be careful about doing that. If you supercharger is in good shape i'd just stick to the right oil and check it every time you check engine oil.

well i guess there is no real reason,my sc is fine i just had it lyin around and thought i would try it .I know they say somethin like the sc oil is good for 80k and i got about 83k on my 93 and the lucas oil claims it makes oil last 2x longer but who knows, just thought i would ask .

i use that stuff. i think it works great. over 130k miles running great. i did notice a little more power, but i didn't it to buy myself time for an engine rebuild. i will use it in the new engine, too.

Definetly, do not add that to your supercharger.

Here's an interesting link.

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cach.../lucas.htm+lucas+oil+additive+&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Also:
Don't use it in winter. It doesn't flow until it warms up to 100 degrees. All you have to do is buy a bottle of that stuff and set it outside in the winter. When you try to pour it, you will find that it will not pour. It thickens in the cold. Not a good thing when your starting an engine.
:)

Tbird has a very interesting point. I have put Lucas engine oil additive back in the summer and started driving the car during November. Since its cold I have noticed the sound of engine oil slapping around the crankcase during warmup. I have just bought another bottle of the Lucas additive and I might use it in the summer months since the Lucas thickens when it's cold. The oil I currently use is 5W30 Mobil Syn Blend at the moment, and it seems to do fine with the SC engine without the Lucas. What I fail to mention is the main reason why I bought Lucas was because to lessen the valve cover oil leak that the engine has until I decide to replace the valve cover gaskets.

Last edited:
Back