factory alarm not working

SCandelous95

hey guys,

my factory alarm is acting funny. my remote entry works fine. the lock button works, the unlock works, even the panic button works.

Just recently when i hit lock the alarm stopped working. Usually when hitting lock on the remote, the alarm chirps and the the car locks. Now it just locks, no chirp. When i hit lock twice, the alarm honks, as it normally should. My alarm used to go off if you hit the lock/alarm from the remote and then tried to enter via using the key, but now the alarm is silent when entering by key.

the keypad works to lock as well. Any ideas on why the alarm quit working or if there is a fuse located somewhere?

I bet you have an LED that is on all the time also. Flip that switch you found and turn the ignition on and the light should go out and the alarm should function properly.

Jeff

i have the same problem with my alarm, i looked and the alam under the hood, and saw that one of the wires that goes into the alam is broken rite where it goes into the alam, i would check that if you havent already.

Back