Problem with ABS?

SlinginBeauty

i finally got my sc back with the new tranny and now im having a problem with my breaks. Ive havent seemed to have any problems before. Now they lockup. I park with the ebrake on and i turn my car on the antilock light stays on and the ebrake lights stays on. As i push the breaks, the pedal is hard as can be and doesnt really press the breaks together. Its on and off. the lights go off i get normal pressure to the pedal and am able to push them down and feel some grab. As i drive it doesnt stay that way though. THe lights popback on and when i come to stop its very difficult and at times i couldnt really. What could be wrong. It sounds like the abs to me but i havent had anyproblems before. My change oil light is on just now even though i changed them just 3 months ago with not much driving at all do to it not really running. I was still planning on changing to be safe. I checked the breakfluid level and seems to be all cool. I dont know what to do. Problems after problems but im down to stick it through b/c i love my car. I called pepboys to see if they had anyideas from the sound and the guy i talked to said that i need to bring it in and have them run a computer test on my abs for 69.99 to see if its that. I dont know what to do. And now i really need my car going. Im not going to have the spare for much longer. lol. any and all help is really appreciated of what i can check or who to talk to and what to ask for. Thanks a bunch. Zach

Sounds like you might be needing a new ABS Accumulator pump. do you hear like a motor running when you turn the key on. if it's not the pump it could be one of the ABS relays on the firewall thats what my problem was.

when my car is off it jiggles a little when i push in the break. That i havent noticed before. Also, my car is an auto and the engine was rebuilt buy the last owner and he did something that made it do you had to push in the break to start up the car. Any ideas?

Back