control arm info ASAP

turbospeed

does anyone know the part number for the whole control arm assembly the one that comes with both upper and lower arm ans bushings. and waht else i need to rebuild fron suspension.

i need the info asap as i may be going to usa tomorow and i need the info plz

also who has it cheaper advance autozone etc. thanks

You don't really need the part number as it is a common part easily identified through many years. Most of the major parts stores such as Checker, Auto Zone, etc., will be competitively priced. As to what else you need, it depends on how thorough you want to be and what is truly in need. If the chassis has major miles then it is a good idea to replace: lower ball joints, upper control arm, strut rod bushings (particularly where contacting lower control arm), and lower control arm to sub frame bushings (which require an arbor press). You may want to think about urethane for some of these.

As I have posted earlier, Rich has improved the design on the lower control arm bushings and I believe them to be a worthy part now. The other major items that are probably getting tired are springs and shocks. I would not replace these with an oem version but probably an eibach and koni combination. With the Koni's you lose ARC but they are much better, IMO, than the tokicos. If you want to maintain arc, the motorcraft oem units seem to be very good. I have experience with both. L

Back