PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 mile rules

Doug Franklin
12-20-2003, 04:15 AM
Just a poll on possibly making the fastest SC list with ability to sort it by engine type, and/or power adder options. Or establish secondary lists which are exclusive to modification types or other than 3.8SC engine type. (not that I have a thing to do with what SCCoA does, just curious)

Link to discussionon HP list possibilities, in member section:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37967

Definition of an SC thread, discussion:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38435

Link to discussion on various mods and engine types, interesting:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38022

The Turbo project:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38373&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Doug Franklin
12-20-2003, 04:40 AM
Rules for posting a Time Slip:

Must be a 1/4 mile time, No 1/8 mile timeslips will be considered.

If a drag racing style suspension is used, this MUST be specified.

Drag radials or slicks acceptable.

Your engine must LOOK like a Ford 3.8L SC engine. Boring/stroking acceptable.

Any other engine than a Ford 3.8L SC based engine is NOT valid.

Any and all power adders are acceptable, but let us know if anything other than one supercharger is used.

G-techs and other hand held devices will not be accepted as a valid quarter-mile time.

Someone must attest to your run. Another SCCoA member is preferred but not necessary.

As time goes on we may have an All Time Fastest list for those cars which have not been kept actively racing and their FAST times have dropped from the list.
Send a copy of your time slip, your name, description of your SC, and the name of the person validating your run to:

Doug Franklin
12-20-2003, 04:51 AM
To borrow some words from one of the forums. I guess I like this, but others may strongly disagree.

how about a stock sc list as in completly stock.

a modified list aka tb units raised tops , basic bolt ons ,

then a super mod list for exotic inductiion ala
front mount after market blowers turbos, nitrous,inverted blower.

and a list for engine swaps like 302s, 460s, ect.

in this way we can see what the fastest production sc does,

what the modified sc,s do

and what the super modified sc,s do

and what the sc,s can do with a v8

also we would need to include a v8 tech forum

and maybe a turbo forum as they do have requirment s
that are different than a blower. ive seen this on other sites.

SC UL8R1990
12-21-2003, 01:05 AM
i liek the way #1 sounds but im ok with the list now

rivlee
12-22-2003, 08:03 AM
Keep what we have and simply add a 2nd list for ANYTHING that has an SC part in it. :p

If someone wants to put a twin turbo SC block into a Vega body with tubular frame and drag or road race it, go for it. Just don't put my SC on the same list.

But whether there's 2 or 20 lists, there should still be both 1/4 times & dyno info for each list.

Lee

BTW: As you know, I like to play where you actually have to use the steering wheel, but I'll do the 1/4 to quantify results in the same manner others have done. With street tires and my arrthrytis, it won't be pretty, but I'll do it :D

Doug Franklin
12-22-2003, 01:13 PM
What could we do in the handling dept? For you, me, RussellR, Ed, Mansier, and a few others. Skid Pad at certain radius and report speed? Got a skid pad up the road, but I would have to lay out radius every time etc. I would like to know how to compare us road racer types. Boggled my mind too much so I jumped on this 1/4 mile thing. Believe I will have to visit a strip and see, but I sure hate to use up a car launching. Any ideas, because mainly my mods are for cornering? Mansier and I for sure will be all tubular in a year it looks like.

rivlee
12-22-2003, 07:22 PM
Anybody wanting on that list would have to lay out cones and have a freshly calibrated G meter with some kind of printout.

A lot more expense & effort than going down to the strip, and for a few pesos, get a time slip.

Lee

plev72
12-22-2003, 07:52 PM
I was thinking about the list last night, I think there will have to be a "streetable" category as well... different list for people with "track" cars... and that would include anyone who compromises the safety features (removing air bags, fiberglass doors w/out reinforcements, removing bumper supports)...

Doug Franklin
01-03-2004, 08:07 AM
plev72, mannysc proposed that some time ago on other threads. A pure stock class. I like the idea so I can compete. Sorta inspires me to go to the strip. Why would anyone want to submit a time slip now unless very modified?

tim
05-09-2004, 12:07 PM
1. Dead stock 2.Bolt ons 3. bolt on with internal mods.4. Other then m90 blowers, turbos whipple.5. Anything goes v8 class. running a m90 car against a whipple is not even a contest. We should not be asked to run against cars that have big $$$ in them with a milder combo.

Thomas A
05-09-2004, 08:46 PM
I don't understand the big fuss over this whole list thing. Do you go to the track and race to beat a person's name on webpage and brag about it here, or do you go to the track to enjoy yourself and your car, and see the accomplishments that you have made with it?? The whole reason a list should be there is just to serve as a reference guide for other people wanting to run that fast, so they know what it takes.

We should not be asked to run against cars that have big $$$ in them with a milder combo.
I don't think anyone is asking anyone to race thier car?? I don't get that. It's just a list. Race against anyone you would like. Who cares if there is someone listed in front of you. If your happy with your car and it's performance, what more matters?

Thomas

Turbo351
06-20-2004, 01:44 AM
The whole reason a list should be there is just to serve as a reference guide for other people wanting to run that fast, so they know what it takes.
Thomas

The local mustang club sorts their "fastest list" alphabetically by member name only. We could do the same thing.

Then have a separate option to resort by ET, MPH, engine type, blower type, power adder, etc. It can work like a search function where you check boxes for what categories you want to see on your list.

This might be complicated to impliment but it should make everyone happy.

XR7 Dave
06-23-2004, 08:25 AM
I want, and have always wanted, two lists displayed side by side one with V6's and one with SC's that have been converted to V8's. Nothing more, nothing less.

Doug Franklin
09-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Wish I had never started this thread or at least made the choices simple. Should I leave it alone, close out, or delete the thread? Any opinions or does anyone care?

On a note I think it is great that we have some serious experimenting with the engines going on. The turbo, Randy's manifolds etc, Mike and some others with various brands of SCs and V8s. Good to see the mix and this list crap will sort itself out.

Jake
09-28-2004, 08:28 PM
I like the way the list is set up, I don't want big V8's all over this site. I like this site b/c it has to do with my type of car. My friend is putting a sc motor in a MG, I don't think his times should be on the list.

Doug Franklin
09-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Yea but a catch all list So we could see what the little bugger SC'd MG does would be nice, without using search tool for us fat heads. I just figure eventually it will happen anyway. Too much mod work out there.