Bird Down :(

instawookie210

I was headed home last night luckily I was a mile and a half away and the tach goes haywire hoppin up and down between 1 and 5. Engine started to lose power so i tried givin it a little more gas before it died rpms dropped faster gave it a little less gas and then it dropped lower pushed the clutch in and it just died and then it just died. Tried to start from a roll wouldnt turn over. Came to a stop pushed the gas and the clutch in all the way still wouldnt turn over. I'm thinkin it could be the fuel pump, altenator, or bad plugs since I bought bosch platinums not knowin i needed double plats for the car at the time plugs got about 3500 miles. Any other ideas on what could cause it?

No the check engine light never came on only one was the battery light and How would I go about pulling some codes I've never done it before special chip required?

you need a basic code reader for the eec. I believe there is a way to get the code without it, I just can't remember. Sorry. The code reader is cheap, comes with instructions, and you will need it again. Trust me. You need a manual and a reader if you are going to keep the SC. I went ahead and purchased the shop manual and have used it scores of x's.

I got my shop manual I guess I'll go get the basic code reader to go with it now would Napa carry somethin like that? or do I gotta go to the dreaded ford dealership?

Back