SC Block ID

Posted this in the original thread as well... Theres an SC stamp on the front of the block (passenger side I believe) just outside the gasket surface for the timing cover.

well the engine is sitting 5 feet away let me check.....there is an sc marked on the front to the left (pass. side) of the timing cover, and there is also one on the back passenger side right below the frost plug, but you cant see it, for it would be covered up by the flywheel/fluxplate, and the transmission. there is also a casting code i bleive on the driver side rear of the block, there are a bunch of numbers dont know how to read the unfortunately, they jsut say when ur block was made etc. als on the heads, there is sc stamped on them too. does that help?

Here is the #'s on the drivers side of the block that Keith was talking about.

Attachments

• misc pics 032.jpg
    misc pics 032.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 166
ford blue????? mike

yea those would be it, hey mike is that ur engine, and is it painted ford blue??? i got mine the same color, its kinda half a$$ed but it wont be seen that much. how does it look in the car?

Yes sir, thats my engine block and thats Ford Blue.
I took these pics 3 years ago when I built the shortblock and I dont have it in the car yet. I still have to completely paint the unibody shell, GFX and bumper covers. Then reassemble the body and do a complete paint job, once thats done I'll start putting it back together.
Heres a pic of the shortblock.

Attachments

• misc pics 044.jpg
    misc pics 044.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 129
nice, wow thats a long time to have her sit....so what you all have done....forged pistons and h-beam rods i am assuming or something along those lines...good luck, mine engine looks the same as yours, haha like the exact same, but probably not as beafy, but its all good, im having fun with it. i bet your ready to start her up.

well good luck, and Larry, i hope that helped, sorry to mess up ur thread

No worries Keith. i was just checking for SuperCop who's machine shop is telling him they must replace the crank cause it's not an SC forged crank which means the block isn't an sc block. Thanks for the pics.

aplvlydrtybird said:
nice, wow thats a long time to have her sit....so what you all have done....forged pistons and h-beam rods i am assuming or something along those lines...good luck, mine engine looks the same as yours, haha like the exact same, but probably not as beafy, but its all good, im having fun with it. i bet your ready to start her up.

well good luck, and Larry, i hope that helped, sorry to mess up ur thread

Yes it has been awhile. I'm hoping to have it going this summer.
I just used stock parts in this engine but I have had the parts Cryo treated to make them much stronger, plus a few little things of my own.;)

Back