Which plugs?

The Motorcraft plugs (and consequently #s) have been superceded with a new type that apparently only uses platinum on the firing side for our cars; in an effort to reduce costs.

The Autolite double platinum equivalent is still a true Dp design which many use with success.

I used APP764 and it runs well, however I am having other issues which may be the result of an engine problem. There are several part numbers for Autolites which match, sometimes closer than these.

The NGK Iridium uses the metal iridium on a single tip, which is stronger and thus longer lasting than platinum. It is also said to produce a stronger spark, which I believe is the result of superior conductivity. However, these plugs are not yet made in Double tipped form (DI), hence their lifespan may be limited. Most using these have modified cars. Some of those have experienced these plugs to eliminate spark blowout (misfire).

Some OEM applications of Iridiums use a double tipped plug, but thus far none have been found suitable for the SC engine. One example of these is the Dodge Stealth RT TT/Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4.

The database contains significantly more information about this topic which a search will reveal.

Looks like the autolite plugs it is. Do you know where I can get them? Autozone didn't carry the APP2544 autolites. I could get them on rockauto if I had to but I would like to not pay shipping.

35th T-bird SC; this is the problem I have found along with several others. Wal-mart does carry them, though now always in stock. By the time I was able to locate plugs that would fit, the difference in cost w/ shipping from Rockauto ended up being 5 dollars. I may as well have went with Rockauto, lol.

Back