anti lock/brake light

XR7Kurt

I picked up another 89' XR7 today, I couldn't resist for $800.
Every time I hit the brakes both the anti lock and brake lights come on momentarily and then go out. The brakes feel pretty firm and the fluid level looks good.

Also the check gage light is on all the time. Could this be caused by the temp. gage not working(the connector at the sending unit is trashed)?

Thanks,
Kurt

OOOPS! I posted in the wrong forum.

Last edited:
With the engine off and key on pump the brakes after the lights go out. I bet you can hear the ABS motor runs after about every pump. The accumulator is probably bad. Still do a search and read up on it. Worst case is the pump motor is failing and you will need to replace the unit with a working one or purchase a rebuilt unit. I just know the new accumulator took mine from running on every other pump of the brakes to about 4th or 5th. Fortunately I have not had a issue with my pressure regulator or relay.

OH NO! I replied to a post in the wrong forum.....

Check the wire on the temp sender. If it is grounded out that could be the problem.

Like I said do a search. I have not had that problem. Yet. Get the factory manual. It will pay for itself. The membership here pays for itself too.:)

Last edited:
I did a search and came up with: accumulator.

I paid for my membership on Friday through paypal. Anyone know how long it takes to get notification from sccoa?

Thanks,

Kurt

Give George D. about 2 to 3 weeks, if still have not heard from him, then email him a friendly little note with your concern at that point.

* You can pick up your accumulator and pump both at : www.priorreman.com

I got good quick response from them.

Back