Brake accumulator

XR7Kurt

I'm replacing one soon and was wondering if anything else need to be removed to get it out. It looks like you could snake it out the bottom. It doesn't look like it will come out the top without getting something out of the way.

Thanks,

Kurt

If you pull wiper arms, and driver side cowl out of the way you should be able to get at it relatively easy. Of cours I pulled the four bolts and yanked off my hood too. Sure makes a lot more room.

P.S. Pump your brakes with the key OFF 20-25 times before you remove the accumulator as it is charged and under high pressure.

Thanks, that's what it looked like to me, but I hate dealing with plastic pieces that ar 15 years old. I don't think I want to take the hood off though, that's a little more room than I need. lol

Kurt

after removing the wipers you can just disconnect the gas charged lift supports at the hood by Just prying the clip on the top side of the strut. Then you can prop the hood up higher if you need the room. makes it easy to pull the cowl covers and get to the back of the engine.

I removed/installed my accumulator without removing anything aside from the red brake wire going to the reservoir.
Of course it takes a little finesse, and thin hands dont hurt either.
Tom

Back