ARP main stud kit

agent_smith

Does anyone know the part number for the ARP main stud kit. There seems to be lots of talk about it but nobody ever seems to mention a number. Are you guys just getting 302 kits and taking two studs out?

Yes, I did do a search already and just can't find anything.

BTW I am working on a 1989 engine.

I dont use ARP studs myself but I did write down the # alot of guy's are using. #233-4003 there for some Chevy engine but from what some say they work better than the ones for the SC.
Seems the ones for the SC are longer than whats needed so they have to cut the outside head studs to get exhaust on the engine. They say you dont have that problem with the Chevy studs. Ordering from Summit the # would be ARP-233-4003:)

I think mike is taking about head studs. You might check SCP for the # for the main studs. I think they got the head studs down pat now as far a lengh goes. I hope so cause I just spent $135. on those puppies.

No, they list that they sell them but don't give a part number. I guess it's their way making sure you have to buy the studs from them only. :( Thanks for the quick reply though.

Back